• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

wild snakes

CORNSTER

i have a wild corn snake and a corn strait from the pet store, the wild corn snake is 2 1/2 feet and the the other is a ft. would it be dangerous for them to live together or not. thanxs.

-LATA-:cheers:

i'd say yes it is dangerous.

for a couple reasons

1) disease. wild corns are exposed to much more than those in the pet store and especially more than those from a private breeder. diseases, parasites, and the fact that they are wild

2) sometimes allowing corns to live together really stresses the lil fellas out. Competition over hides etc.

3)if they're both male, then they'll more than likely fight when they get older.

4) if you have any question, dont do it.

Keep'm seperate and you dont have to worry about any of those problems

Last edited:
^another good point.

i didnt even think of that. Keep them separate and save urself the worry of all those problems.

I believe Rich put up a picture under behavior, of a young hatchling that ate two or three others. It happens. I think there was a huge thread on this very topic before, and the major consensus is: Not a good idea.

Back