• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Will change of altitude affect corns?

snakeladyamy

hello everyone- I haven't posted in a LONG time, but i do have a question that i thought some of you might be able to help me with- I am moving from california to colorado in a few weeks and there is a big change in altitude there. My new house is at about 7500ft. I know when I go there, i get nosebleeds and such, but i really have no idea on how the sudden change in altitude will affect my "children" Anyone have experience with this?
thanks, Amy

I moved from Chicago to Denver (~5300 feet) a few years ago. I had about 8 snakes at the time, and I didn't notice any difference. :)

that's good to know- i'm thinking the biggest problem i'm going to have is keeping it humid enough- it is super dry where i am moving to!
Still, if anyone else has had a negative experience with altitude change- let me know
thanks serpwidgets...
-Amy

BTW Serpwidgets- I think it is great you wrote a book- I'm assuming it's not just geared towards "beginners", right? I'll have to order one... and are you publishing the newsletter, too?

hi, if the only problem you can forsee is humidty thats a simple one to deal with.1.you can move the water bowl closer to your heat sorce or 2.simlpy add a second smaller water bowl.before adding your second water bowl check in a couple of days time after moving your bowl to the warmer side to see if the humidty has indeed risen.hope this helps.( don't forget corns don't need a high humidty in anycase ) good luck with your move.

thanks- i'm not worried about being able to fix the humidity though :shrugs: - i just was concerned about the sudden change in altitude...

Back