• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

will it eat?

Jay633

when a small corn (26Grams) is on fuzzies, does it really take 5+ days to fully digest? and also will they eat again even if they have not pooped out their last meal??

It differs between snakes. 5+ days is pretty long but not unknown, especially if they've just gone up a food size. Sometimes it takes a while for their digestion to gear up to the new food. Yes, they can and will eat before pooping the last one.

Check the temperature on the floor at the warm side with a digital thermometer. Sometimes temps at the low end of the range can slow digestion down. Also, if they're coming up to a shed they can hold it in until after they shed... Then watch out, cos you'll wonder who let the Shetland Pony into the tank!

If it's around the 85-88 mark and he's not due a shed, then you may just have a slowcoach on your hands. Watch for signs of impaction or constipation - you could see a bulge develop below the stomach.

Yes it will eat, but will it blend? jk

My snake had this when i moved up to fuzzys, it took 5 days for him to poop but now he's pooping again after 3 days.

yeah i dont know what to do, all temps are good, and last time it ate ,was 7 days ago, in a deli cup. i tried feeding it yesterday and today in a little deli cup too, and it just does not want to EAT. i dont want it to die, i want to see it grow!!! what to do

lol dont worry until about a month or so comes by when the snake is hungry he/she will eat same with mine and if it comes to it brain or cut the mouse it always does the trick with me.

Snakes can go months without food and be just fine. Putting a few slits in the prey item, feeding at night in a quiet dark room with no peeking, and leaving the item overnight all help to encourage eating. Trying too often can be counterproductive and cause them more stress prolonging eating. I would wait another 3 days at the very least, put some slits in that fuzzy, warm it up until it is really hot, and pop it into the cage in a deli cup covering the cage and not checking again until morning:)

Back