• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Will my buddy be alright?

Koka_Corn

Hey all,

I'm currently on holiday for the next fortnight and Koka has been left on his own. I made all the preparations I thought of, sufficient water, cameras on his temps, a remote kill switch on all the electricity on his tank were something to go wrong, etc.

One thing I never thought about was his cold/ambient temp. I didn't think about it as it usually sticks around 20 this time of year, but having nobody in the house means no heating.

It's about 12pm there (Scotland) and his cold side is around 14 - 15 C! I don't return home until next again Sunday morning and the night time temps are probably even lower. Is this something I should worry about or is he fine as long as he has his hot side? Which stays around 28 - 30C

Never left him all alone for so long so just a bit anxious over him. :)

Back