• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

wont eat

megan

i got my baby corn almost a month ago and she was a month old then. the guy said to keep trying to feed her cuz she hadnt eaten yet, and i did but she still hasnt eaten. she has shed once since, tho. newayz, ive tryed to feed using that braining method and sticking her in a box and ive tryed a bag w/ it and i even tryed feeding her crickets. is it healthy that shes never eaten? r there ne other wayz 2 try?:confused:

Reactions: CAV
Meghan,
No it's not healthy that your snake is 2 months old and hasn't eaten yet. Baby snakes should've taken their first meal by this time.

You can try offering just the head off a pinky (I know, pretty gross) or leaving the snake and the pinky in a smaller box or bag overnight. Also, you may want to scent the pinky with a lizard (rub the pinky on a lizard, Anole lizards seem to work well and are readily available in pet shops fairly cheaply). Lots of snakes will eat pinkies scented with Anole. There is also this stuff you could ask about at your local petshop, it's called Lizard Maker and I believe it's made by T-Rex (not 100% sure so don't quote me on this! lol) and it's supposed to make a mouse smell like a lizard. If none of this works you may have to try offering the head of an Anole..... this is a last ditch effort but sometimes has worked for people.... it would have to be a small Anole though.

Try these things and let us know how to works out.

Oh, also, leave the snake completely alone for a few days before trying to feed it. Only try to feed it once every 3 or 4 days.... trying over and over can stress the snake out as can taking it out of it's enclosure all the time to "play" with it.

I say this a lot but there is a bit of info on my site with some ideas to get stubborn snakes feeding.
Good luck. :) .

ok, ive tryed a couple things now, but shes still not eating. is it a bad idea to take her just to a vet to get force fed? just cuz i know itll b stressful and the closest vet is 40 minutes away :S

Is your vet experienced with snakes, or herps in general? Force feeding is stressful, but if your snake hasn't eaten for 2 months and you've tried all the tricks you know, it may be time to consider it. Make sure the vet knows what s/he is doing, and when you're there, ask the vet to show you how to do it yourself in case it is necessary again. Many snakes do start eating on their own after being force fed a few times, or even just once.

Good luck to you and your snake. I hope she starts eating for you soon.

hmm

A vet visit would be good. Maybe this snake has some other issues as well....parasites...etc.

The vet may also just try assited feeding, which is not a pinkie mushed up with pinkie pump, but the pinkie just pressed in gently. Sometimes this causes the snake to start swallowing right away.

bmm

Back