• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Working with reptiles

Lewis25

Can anyone give me any ideas how to go about getting into working with reptiles ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not sure exactly how one would get into some of these... but here are some ideas to look into:

exotics vet, zoo reptile keeper, reptile educational show, snake or other reptile breeder, some sort of research that deals with reptiles either in a lab or in the wild

Really, from what I've seen, if you want a job that deals with something you are passionate about, such as reptiles in your case, one of the best ways to get it is to talk to EVERYONE about it. Also be willing to volunteer your time and/or do dirty work, hard labor, or other undesirable things that will get your foot in the door, even if you don't have direct contact with reptiles at first. Also, sometimes, such as being a reptile breeder, you need to just start DOING it. You might not ever make it big, you might not even ever be profitable, but if you don't try, you'll never know.

Basically just get out there and make things happen.

Back