• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Worried about Imhotep :(

CraziiTii

Tyrannosaurus
My little ghost boy Imhotep is acting strangly tonight. He's the smallest of my babies, but not the youngest. He's been eating as much as all the other babies but he seems really thin to me all of a sudden. He was sluggish and peed on me tonight. It's like he's weak and tired. I'm really worried about him. Any ideas on what I can do? I have to get pinkies in the morning because I'm out, so I'll see if he eats tomorrow. Please let me know!

I'm sorry to hear that Imhotep is feeling poorly. I've had slow growers like him, ones that eat everything in sight yet still never seem to gain weight like the others. Some eventually suddenly change and grow like you think they should, some just grow slowly forever (I have an '04 bloodred female that is just now around 280-290 grams), and unfortunately, some just seem to fade away.

Triple check your temps and make sure he isn't becoming dehydrated. Minimize his stress level by isolating him from bright light and activity. I would also recommend that you offer him a smaller than normal meal as it sounds as if he may not be able to tolerate his usual size pinky. I hope he's okay!

if he doesnt eat next time and is still the same. i would recomend going to a reptile vets.

sounds the same to my baby amel. does he seem to be drinking and pooping loads?

I'm sorry to hear that Imhotep is feeling poorly. I've had slow growers like him, ones that eat everything in sight yet still never seem to gain weight like the others. Some eventually suddenly change and grow like you think they should, some just grow slowly forever (I have an '04 bloodred female that is just now around 280-290 grams), and unfortunately, some just seem to fade away.

Triple check your temps and make sure he isn't becoming dehydrated. Minimize his stress level by isolating him from bright light and activity. I would also recommend that you offer him a smaller than normal meal as it sounds as if he may not be able to tolerate his usual size pinky. I hope he's okay!

Susan's absolutely right! Be extra sure about your temps. It's possible that his heat source isn't doing what it should and causing him problems.

I hope Imhotep improves soon. I'm sending positive thoughts your way.

Back