• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Worried about my new baby...

Cobra Kai

Hi,
I'm a newbie and I just got my first corn a little over a week ago. She's about 9 months old weighing 25g. When I first got her she stayed under the hot hide for 3 days. Which was between 85-88 degrees. I then noticed she was going into the middle hide which is currently 74 degrees. So then I thought the hot hide may be too hot. So I dropped it down to 84 degrees.

Then I fed her on the 5th day a small pinkie. She seemed to stay under the hot hide.

But now I'm concerned because it's been 5 days since she ate & I have not found any poop. And the thing that worries me the most, is that she's been under the 3rd hide on the cold end which is 64 degrees. :awcrap:

It's almost like she doesn't want to go in the hot hide anymore. I've been checking the temps with 2 different thermometers. But now I need to get a 3rd to triple check.

What is she saying to me?

She's saying she's fine and she is just spending her time at whatever temp she feels like being at at the time. ;)

You could drop the warm spot down to 80 though. 80 is sufficient and allows for more wiggle room if temp goes up for some reason. You want the warm hide to be between 80-85, so the 88 was a little high. Don't stress yourself so much...your baby is fine. It's very normal for her to spend time in all the different spots. That's why you have to provide different temps in different areas....so she can choose the right one at any given time.

Totally normal. Mine stay for 1-2 weeks at same hide and then changes to another one for 1-2 weeks and so on and so on. Nothing to worry about.

I wouldn't drop the warm side below 80 for a baby. But she is behaving absolutely normally. And baby poop is hard to find. You'd be better off just not even worrying about it! if you find it, pick it out.

Phew! That's a relief. :) Thanks for the encouragement. At least I didn't find any evidence of regurgitation. So do think it's wise to feed her on schedule & give her a pinkie? Today is the 5th day since her last meal.

I would. Believe me, regurge smells! You'd probably find it. If she has no lump, then I would feed on schedule! You're such an attentive parent! =)

Thanks Kaleidescope_Eyes. Just trying my best. She ate a pinkie & is in under her hot hide at about 80 degrees. She seems comfortable & happy tonight.

Back