• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Yawn???

KaliCorn

Hi All,

Just a quick noobie question!

Usually when I feed my corn - after her feed she opens her mouth as if she was yawning.

Now yesterday was 48 hours after her feed and I took the cage top off the get her out and handle her - and she did the same thing with her mouth. Did she think she was about to get fed? or was she just tired after a long sleep?

As you know, when snakes eat they can dislocate the jaw to eat larger prey. This yawning action we see after eating and simply them clicking the jaw back into place. Though I'm not sure if it's a yawn or not, some people (like yourself) do see them do at other times too. Mine does it after drinking. :)

Hope this helps

I freaked out a little as it was just after I took the lid off. I thought - "I hope she doesn't think it's feeding time and go for my hand"

Haha, my snake does yawn. He was laying under his log and I went to get the camera and as I was turning it on, he yawned. It was the cutest thing i've ever seen him do. I was like "Comeon do it again, I wanna get a picture of you yawing." but instead he just turned his head away and faced the other way where I couldn't even get a good picture of him. :p But back to the topic. After mine eats his pinkies he snaps his jaw back in place as well. But not awfter drinking. o_O

Yeah mine also does the same after a feed. I managed to witness her drinking the other day too! The water hardly ever seems to go down - and I thought she may not be drinking much, but I caught her the other day drinking just after I changed it. How much do they drink per day? By the volume of my water dish - not a lot.

Also should I spray mist into the cage only during shed - or everyday?

only spray while shed or about to shed

and there supposed to be the largest drinkers, but i only see mine drinkin if im still

she likes her private time, unless i open the door she slides straight over to me lol

its weird, when i first got her she was all frisky but now she has gotten to know me and my smell, they are remarkable creatures considering everyone i have spoken to with a snake says there nothing like dogs and cats....but my snake is...

I agree, my corn has come to know mw know and my smell. She is very calm around me and likes to play and climb up towards my face and sometimes sits on it.

I never spray mine, I just do the moist hide thing when I see they're in blue. Lots of people don't even do this, most corns are fine without any help shedding. Remember people mainly post here when there's a problem, if we all posted everytime one of our snakes had a normal shed we'd be snowed under with identical posts :)

Back