• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Yay for new hobbies!

ZzombieSoxX

Started my tarantula experiment a couple of weeks ago. Picked my first arachnid baby up from the store I work at.

Avacularia. Avacularia, my darling little Pink Toe, Ozzy :]

1z1fevm.jpg

30k7mus.jpg

Just these two pictures for now, spider's are a bit odd to photograph lol

When you tell people your four favorite animals are snakes, spiders, frogs and scorpians... you get stared at, even at herp shows lol.

Seriously though, he has redeemed my reason for loving spiders.

i almost got a tarantula the other day, the only thing that stopped me was i don't know very much about them

He is cute, isn't he?...Or she... I personally don't know how to tell, but a woman I work with is going to look at him and tell me, so for now I'll just call him a he lol. As for biting, no he hasn't bitten, or thrown any uriticating hairs and I handle him pretty often to get him used to it. Not saying he can't bite, cause he certainly could if he wanted.

Also, Reptile Geek, if you haven't seen her before, I have pictures all over the place on here of my vine snake. I think all of them are in the General Chit Chat forum, if you wanted her search her name, Tetra, they should come up. Though I will be putting new pictures of her up soon, I've just been super busy these few weeks.

And good of you not to get one then, Codymi. I never get anything without thoroughly researching them. Just a few weeks ago a man came into my store wanting a spider and bought a Cobalt Blue, one of the most aggressive species of tarantula. He also knew nothing of them and we couldn't convince him not to buy it. He brought it back hours later, saying he wanted nothing to do with spiders after trying to hold it. He learned the hard way lol

not my favorite (spiders in general) but "he" has a cute little face! my friend had tarantulas and said females have bigger butts? seriously...it sounds bad i know lol...but she said tarantula females have larger hind ends o.0

Aww it is adorable. Who said it is odd photographing spiders? i put my T's in my light tent and do a whole photoshoot! <3 i love them! I love their fuzz!
Funny actually, i had a pink toe bite me. It didn't hurt but scared the poop out of me.
My favorite child right now is my Chaco :>

Back