• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Young Snakes Skittish?

Yes- and it's actually a good thing because it's acting normal. Just keep "bugging" it for short sessions every day (except for feeding & after feeding & shed time), and it'll chill out soon enough.

I agree. Skittish is a good thing. It's a survival technique/instinct. This means that your snake is perfectly healthy and normal :D

Are all baby corns usually very active and skittish?

Thanks

Mine was very, very skittish, but she is coming around. I've had her for about three weeks now and tonight we had a break through! She didn't try and get away from me when I took her out of the viv and she was actually content when I held her. While she was in my hand she straightened her body stick straight and was checking out my face! :) Give it time and a little handling every day (except right before or after feeding or during shed) and it will come along!!!

I agree with everyone here. It takes time and regular handling and it will tame down. I've had my baby over a month and she's just getting where she won't run away when I reach in to get her out of her viv.:)

Mine still tries to run. Had for two months now and get him out four times a week. Is that normal?

Perfectly normal. They're not usually much of a "pet" for that first year or so.

Mine still tries to run. Had for two months now and get him out four times a week. Is that normal?

If hes still young he still probably feels vulnerable from his size. Mine tries to run away when I try to take him out, but once until hes out hes calm.

Snakes all have their own personality, just like people do. Some take a bit longer to realize that they're not going to become a snack when the big five-headed predator (your hand) reaches for them. One of the wonderful things about corn snakes, though, is their generally calm disposition. It's a rare corn snake who doesn't calm down as they grow up.

Ive had mine for about 4 months now. Its so hard not to get another one though lol. Their addicting!

I know! When I first got mine I thought, no, one's enough! But I'd really like another now!! In fact there's two morphs I want but I can't be having three!

Back