• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Zeke's thread!

lazarin

Hey there guys! As some of you know, I picked up my first corn last Saturday at the All Ohio show. I finally got a few decent pictures of him at our first feeding today!

1034ece43c002546a881934e7246ea37.jpg

9aa3e1c63f2d897ae23e7f2bb9b0e1ed.jpg

Zeke (short for Zircon [emoji28]) is a two year old anery, seems to be a little over two feet long, and weighs 137g. I just love the yellow on his sides!

Thank you thank you! I'm very proud of him and can't wait til I can start handling him a little.

Just a few new pics. Zeke's gained 10g since I got him and I think he's getting ready to shed - his eyes seem normal but his belly checkers have gotten really pale. I hung a little wire basket in his tank to climb on and he loves it!

7eff1e064c881a55f10d9e9037806958.jpg

78eaf28759dea0e32652bcaef658a11a.jpg

Zeke looks great. I love his name, BTW. Thanks for the pics.

Yes the checkers getting pale is a very good indicator that he is going into shed.

He finally shed late last night! Of course he waited til I was out of the house so I only caught the very end of it. Once he was done he proceeded to knock over everything in his viv- hides upside down, vines in the water bowl, ugh. Anyway here's a few pics from today!

217122b10b2fda3940ce3701d730476d.jpg

ce77574d1e65a90d2b85979d2529f9ed.jpg

I can't wait to get out of here (I'm between tutorings right now) and get home to my snakelets.

P.S. I just noticed my spellchecker thought that Zeke should be Zelda instead! I hate it when that happens.

Believe me I've been itching for a second snakey ever since I brought him home! I'm on the lookout for a lavender cal king.

Maybe I oughta start a new thread for this question, but I've been looking through some other progression threads and it makes me think Zeke's a bit small for his supposed age (147g, ~26", two years old). I don't know if there's any way to really tell the age of a snake, but do you think the seller might have sold me a yearling by mistake?

not necessarily. Corn snakes can max out at 3 feet to 6 feet. So you never know if you have a "Smaller one or Larger one" until they are fully grown and that can take about 3 to 5 years. They are generally considered an "Adult of Breeding age" around 2 to 3 years of age, but will continue to grow throughout their entire life, the growth just gets slower and slower the older they get.

I have seen 1 year old corn snakes that weigh about 40 grams, and others that weighed over 200 grams.

Your snake being about 2 years old and weighing 147 grams I would say is on the "Smaller side" of average, but he could still surprise you.

It's also possible the Seller told you wrong info. It would not be the first time that has happened.

Yeah, corn snakes are very variable in size as adults and as babies - as long as he's behaving normally and eating well, he'll be fine :)

Thank you! I had no idea there was such a big range for their adult size. I guess I'll have to wait and see!

Back