• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Mexican Black Kingsnake Owners

tricksterpup said:
An elitist group here and CS.com that own MBKs. the only requirement to join this group is to own one. :grin01:
Hey, you forgot about the secret handshake.

AND that ritual involving the goat.

hehehmn.gif

regards,
jazz
(MBK Club Member)

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

debb said:
Uh oh Goat??
Well, Trickster told me that what he did with the goat was part of the MBK Club initiation rite.

The jury is still out on that one.
hehehmn.gif

regards,
jazz

jazzgeek said:
Well, Trickster told me that what he did with the goat was part of the MBK Club initiation rite.

The jury is still out on that one.
hehehmn.gif

regards,
jazz
Jazz, the goat still respected you in the morning. :grin01:

Ah, so you've met my ex-wife!

(We'll be here all week, folks. Matinee on Saturday. Tip your waitstaff and try the veal.)

regards,
jazz

jazzgeek said:
Ah, so you've met my ex-wife!

(We'll be here all week, folks. Matinee on Saturday. Tip your waitstaff and try the veal.)

regards,
jazz
Nah, if she was a goat, you probably would have stayed married.

debb said:
OK, goat aside.(for now) Where is the MBK forum? Is there really one? :crazy02:
Nope. :nope:

The most "desirable" MBKs are completely black right out of the egg, top and bottom, except for a bit of white on the chin. I have a pair like that. I love the look, but I'm actually a little more fond of the look of my "imperfect" MBK. She started off with a present but reduced "chain" pattern found on many black kings, but she lost almost all of that. She had strong, yellow belly checkers too, but much of that has diminished as well. Here's a hatchling pic and more recent pics of this "imperfect" '05 MBK.

Attachments

• 113005 maria (2).JPG
    113005 maria (2).JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 051707 maria rs (6).JPG
    051707 maria rs (6).JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 29
Where is the MBK forum? Is there really one?

No forum, mainly just senseless thread in the general forum... Much like this thread.. If you catch the drift.. :shrugs: I don't belong to the MBK higherarchy, I own mere corns and a Ball.. *lol* Jenn has a bunch O kings..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

No forum, mainly just senseless thread in the general forum... Much like this thread.. If you catch the drift..

I started this thread so I could get info on the mbk. Everyone has been very helpful.

Now I just have to find one!!

Not sure if this is ok on here or not. If it is not delete and let me know for future reference.

debb,

I saw some for sale at this forum. I don't know anything about anybody there but there were some MBKs on there. $50 seemed resonable for a snake but I really have no idea what they normally sell for. I actually first saw them and got interested in them via this thread. Thanks by the way! I love the solid black color and also like the fact that they stay relatively small.

http://market.kingsnake.com/index.php?cat=59

debb said:
I started this thread so I could get info on the mbk. Everyone has been very helpful.

Now I just have to find one!!
Deb,
If you go to your local show, just look around. You might be surprised, you can find them for around $30 or a tad bit lower if you are good at wheeling and dealing.
I personally think there are fewer breeders of these snakes than there are of Corns.
I got mine from a local breeder last year at a show and he was the only one to have them. I know this year he doesn't have any clutches.
And remember there is nothing cooler than having one of these glossy black goth snakes. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Back