• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Cornsnake video - 6 meg file!

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
Been playing around with some video stuff, and figured I would try this out with some corn snake pics. Put an audio track on it as well, which kind of helps the flow of the pictures, I think....

What format are these videos you've been posting in? I can't ever view them.

They don't immediately come up on my screen either; however, at the top of the window, a sliver of a box appears that reads something like "the website you are viewing is trying to run an add-on....click here to allow."--something with 'activex' and my security settings (I run Vista Business). After clicking the box, the 'red x' where the video is supposed to be disappears and the video/windows media controls are visible and useable.

I had to switch to Internet Explorer to see it, and it takes a long time to load. Nice video, Rich!

What format are these videos you've been posting in? I can't ever view them.
I believe it's in .wmv format which is windows based and if I recall correctly, you have switched to mac? Get flip4mac it's a program that allows you to play .wmv files. I'm able to view it here from work where I'm forced to use a Mac.

I'm not a fan of slideshow per se, but love the pictures! :)

D80

Well dang, I'm getting music, but no pictures just a green screen. And no,m there isn't a pop-up bar isn't asking me to install.

Yes, this is a .wmv format file. Not sure why some people can't view it, but don't know if another format would be better or not. I could try .avi and see if that works any better..... :shrugs:

:bang: Well I tried rendering the video as an .avi file but it created a HUGE 590 megabyte file..... That won't work in this medium. I then tried .mpg format and came up with a 78 megabyte result. Still not feasible in a web environment.

Looks like those people who can't view .wmv formatted files will have to figure out why if they want to view these sorts of things. :shrugs:

Working fine for me; using Safari with Filp4Mac. Awesome pics, but it'd be even more awesome if it had the names of what everything is. Looks like there's some unique fun stuff in there!

. . . .avi . . . .mpg

Looks like those people who can't view .wmv formatted files will have to figure out why if they want to view these sorts of things.
Not sure if Quicktime would be any smaller, but that may be an option to try as well. :shrugs:

D80

I can't see the video either. Is there any chance you could upload it to youtube. I for one would enjoy a serpenco corn snake video place, you know like Al (Viperkeeper). His videos are amazing.

Unreal! My only possible complaint is that this feeds THE HUNGER! I didn't see a single snake there I didn't want.

Im not usually a fan of blood reds, but you have some very stunning baby's there. I think the video's cool, love the music, who is it?

I can't see the video either. Is there any chance you could upload it to youtube. I for one would enjoy a serpenco corn snake video place, you know like Al (Viperkeeper). His videos are amazing.

I took a look at YouTube, but when I tried to register "SerpenCo", I got a notice that it was unavailable. So perhaps I registered a long while back and just forgot the password.... I'll have to see if they can straighten me out.....

Back