• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Embedded video files - how to

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
I have been toying around with this on one of my other sites, but unfortunately it required having native HTML coding enabled within posts, which is a well known security risk. So after I disabled the HTML codes, I had to figure out another solution, because I just like having this sort of capability in inline text.

And let's face it, streaming video and audio is certainly going to be a big part of the internet in more and more avenues.... So I figured it would be worth the effort to figure out a solution for this problem.

So, I made the EMBED code into a custom BB coding for this site. I puttered around with it for a while, but finally had to raise the white flag and go to the Jelsoft people for help in implementing it.

Just substitute the brackets"[" and "]" for the "{" and "}" used in the example below:

{embed}http://www.corvetteflorida.com/videos/b4headers.wmv{/embed}

The URL needs to point to the video file, and so far I have only tested this with .WMV files. You can experiment with others, if you like, to see what others, if any, may work as well.

I put an icon that looks like a video camera right in the message posting screen so all you need to do is to click on that button, enter the URL of the video file, click the OK button, and you are done.

I think this will add a bit more *sparkle* to the site with having inline videos like this in the threads...... But let me know if it gets to be a problem with slowing down things in general because of the bandwidth demands.

Example of embedded video files...

This is a video of my Z06 with the stock exhaust system.

And here it is after the install of LG Motorsports long tube Pro headers. At the same time, I had new E3 plugs put on, MSD ignition wires, new front O2 sensors, and a new fuel filter.

Ahhhh... the sound of that vet makes this girls heart go pidder patter :crazy02:

LOL! VERY NICE :cool:

Back