• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Cornsnake video - 6 meg file!

But what about THE HUNGER! Now we won't only pester you for more pictures, we'll want videos too!

But what about THE HUNGER! Now we won't only pester you for more pictures, we'll want videos too!

Well, this sort of thing takes a LOT of time to do, so I imagine the novelty and fun of it will wear off pretty quickly for me. I think next hatching season I may take the videocam out to the reptile building and videotape the clutches when they are hatching instead of using the digital still camera. I'm taking videos in hi-def, so I guess I need to get a blu-ray disk burner to store all this stuff onto for archival purposes.....

Is there a way to maximize the video? The images I'm seeing are very small and look condensed.

Is there a way to maximize the video? The images I'm seeing are very small and look condensed.

I can do all the way up to high definition standards, but the file would be correspondingly larger. I can make larger images, but the tradeoff would be the quality of the images. Larger images with good quality will create HUGE file sizes. I don't think many people would have the patience to wait for a 50-100 megabyte file to download.

The typical bandwidth of today's internet capability just isn't quite ready for high-def video and audio, unfortunately.

If anyone wants a much LARGER set of images, they can use this link -> Large cornsnake video

Images are in full HD at 1440x1080, so make sure your screen can handle it as well.

This should kick off your Windows media player for you and play the video after the image has been downloaded. Bear in mind that it is a 46 megabyte file, so it may take some time. If you are on dial up, don't even THINK about it...

Very cool! Looks like a bloodred and sunkissed highlight reel. But, gosh. Things must be slow to have enough time to put something like this together ;)

Yeah, seriously... Rich, I think you might be mildly obsessed with sunkisseds and bloods. :grin01: Love the vid, you really do have excellent photos.

I guess it does look that way, but in reality, all I did was to grab a bunch of pics from two folders of pics which were taken when they were hatching out. So those are samples just from a few days of hatchings. I believe I took around 1,400 photos this hatching season..... I haven't looked at more than a quarter of them yet...... Just loaded them from the camera onto the computer to look at them sometime later. Heck, I have photos from over the last few years that I have never even looked at.

Last year I went through some pics from the previous hatching season, I believe it was around February, and everyone thought I was having eggs hatch out REAL early...... :poke:

I'm taking videos in hi-def, so I guess I need to get a blu-ray disk burner to store all this stuff onto for archival purposes.....

Mmmmmm... SerpenCo Sunkissed Specials on blu-ray, there could be a market for that.... and proper use for my PS3......:crazy02:

Yeah.... I'm looking for things to do so I don't have to think about doing taxes........... :toiletgra

Hey Rich,
here's an idea if you are looking for something to do, what about making some water dishes:laugh01:
At least the time will be compensated when you sell them.

BTW, AWESOME video !!
Any chance we will see some HOMO Sunkissed combos on the 2008 pricelist?

Later man
Walter
:crazy02: BOUT' CORNS !!

Hey Rich,
here's an idea if you are looking for something to do, what about making some water dishes:laugh01:
At least the time will be compensated when you sell them.

BTW, AWESOME video !!
Any chance we will see some HOMO Sunkissed combos on the 2008 pricelist?

Later man
Walter
:crazy02: BOUT' CORNS !!

Yeah.... water dishes...... :eek: You know, it would take me about a week in order to clean up the workroom enough to even GET to the milling machine to make more of them. Honestly, making those things is just REAL tedious to do.

Not planning on selling any Sunkissed combos this year, or at least I don't think so. All the ones I have been producing are just a step up to newer projects...... :grin01:

If anyone wants a much LARGER set of images, they can use this link -> Large cornsnake video

Images are in full HD at 1440x1080, so make sure your screen can handle it as well.

You really must do a few more of these Rich, i just got round to watching this through my PS3 & the HD images look terrific on a 40" HDTV!!! :dancer:

Back