• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

are you still feeding your snake mice & rats ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinman

Vinman
they can be very costly if you have a lg. collection. I haven't fed my breeder adults corns & honduran milks rodents in two to two and half years.I also got ball pythons to eat the stuff. I raised most of my juvies to adult breeders. This year I'm gona try 05 babies right from the start. I feed about 40 snakes from juvies to adult for under 4$ a feeding sometimes as low as 1.20 . It used to cost me about 30 $to 45 $ a feeding. Big time savings :D

Hey What Do I Feed My Snakes

you know first hand that I get a lot heat for nothing . It makes not want to tell everbody. I have told a few people and they swore not to tell a soul . This could ruin the mouse trade if this caught on. think if everbody used what I use, even if you supplemented their dite every other feeding or feed rodents once a month. there will be a lot of mice wating to be sold. Mice prices would come down cause of overstock. Mom and pop shops would close they wouldn't make much of a profit when the price comes down. But this would not happen because people are closed minded. They would not take me serouis . From what I learned on this forum a lot of people who are in this hobby for 1 to 3 years thinks their an expert. screw the fact you have 20 years of breeding exp. in the hobby. Thats what is wrong with this country people forget to respect the knowledge you get over the years. Like when you get told how you feed your snake col. by a beginer with 2 to 10 corns. If more people realy want to know and are willing to learn and not tell me I dont know what I am doing I wll shaire my info with you. I also want feed back I want to know how it worked if any of you who have the ba**s to try it, you will not be sorry

Well, why make a post asking if we're using mice and rats if you're not going to tell us what you're using instead?

food

Lets lets this thread grow some I want to see how many of you realy want to know . I want to see how many of you want to try it out. Rember I only been doing this for 2 - 2 1/2 years. Saved me so much money on feeding. This is my secret. I dont know if anybody will try it. THis is what is I feed my snakes I dont want to here that this is crazy, it is not healthy for the snakes. I did not start this thred to be chastised. If you dont like what you read then keep your oppions to yourself. This thred was started to see if anybody wants to try something new out. cutting edge, who knows this my be added to the standerd diet to feed our animals one day.

Dude, just post your information or dont start a thread asking people if they're still feeding with mice and rats.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but seriously. Either spit the information out, or dont bring it up.

Dude, the reason to post a thread is to share information, not to act like a complete tard. IMO, you are just someone who thinks they have something, but in reality, don't have jack. You claim that you haven't fed your adults rodents, but you don't respect anyone enough to let them in on the "secret", so you are no better the the sleezy american lawyers out there who keep "an ace up their sleeve". I personally don't care anymore what you feed your corns, and DON'T want to know anything about it. If you're going to post a thread, be prepared to share information, not act like an @$$. :angry01: :angry01:

hold on

I started the therd I want to see if anydody wanted to try it. did any of you say somthing good like HEY I would like to try it out ,you shure it works( No ) So if I started the thred to to see how many people wanted to try something new. Do you mind if I waite to see if people want to try something new Dam I just posted the thred around 1:30 am give it some time I will come on the bord tomrrow eve. be patient

Whatever dude, you're acting like a kid.

If you want to share your information, then do so. But dont come on the board and say something in an attempt to lure people and make them curious only to boost ego.

this is crappy advertisement, I don't think you have crap. If we have to come strait out and ask you to tell us the secret (obvioulsy asking what you use isn't good enough) then there is nothing special about it. This thread blowas chunks :puke02: . Have fun with your BS project.

waite one munite

you could can be patient relax you are in a hurry like iI said before I dont want any heat I dont mind letting you know what is up but not one person said to me I would try it out .Remember I dont need the crap. I told you I put up this post to see if anybody wanted to try somthine new not hey guess what I found out :nyah: sory I dont play that. grow up be patience If you dont want to try something new then what do you care. to me it seems that you are comming on this thred to start s**t just what I did not want

Who in their right mind would say they are going to try it...without even knowing what it is? I am with everyone else...I do not agree with your approach. Either tell us, or drop it. We are not horses. You can't dangle a carrot in front of us and just expect us to follow.

Last edited:
Hello Vinman. I for one am very interested to know what you are feeding your corns if not rodents. If it is so much cheaper and produces good results then I am interested. The only thing I can think of that it could be is chicks or maybe quail.

Anyways, I hold you do end up share the information.

Vinman, I've been supportive of you in the past when everyone else has been giving you sh**, so I think you need to not embarass me here and make me look like I was supporting a looney. Just tell us what it is you do.

I've just caught this thread, and I for one am curious what you are feeding you snakes, but this can be a bit tedious if all you want is attention.

I thought this forum was for discussion and information and not being pathetic.

you go it

Like Isaid just dont give me crap this works Ok heres the raw deal I ran out of money a few years back I went broke. My snakes didn't eat for over two weeks . I had to make a choice eather sell off my snakes and all my work goes into somebody else is hands or find a cheap food source. So I thought to myselfe well what would a corn eat in the wild that I could buy cheep . well I know down south they call corns, red chicken snakes. and what I found out from farmers that corns grow big around the chicken coop. so I went to the store and they had chicken necks for 39 cents a pound so I bought a package to try. I said to myself well in the neck you got tiny bones, meat and fat just like a mouse . I said there is a lot of diseases from raw ckicken so I boiled it well let me tell you 3/4 fo my animals ate it half took it right away. So i said you need variety I said to myself turkey is to big for a corn to eat but what about a turkey chick I'm sure a 4 foot corn or bigger would be able to eat a chick.There I go back to the market and buy some turkey only 99 cents a pound alot more money but still cheep. I boiled it and there agin some ate it and to my suprise some of the corns that did not eat chicken ate the turkey. But I wanted more variety. there was no organ meat in there diet so I tried chicken and turkey hearts, gizzards, and once a month livers but still not all ate the stuff so I fed the stubborn snakes ever 2 weeks a mouse ,befor the mouse I would offer chicken & turkey. well after a few months ever adult and 9/10 of my juves. ate it. I wanted more variety so I siad dam, the big pythons eat pig .Not corns could you just think of a corn with a pickrey in it NO WAY ! but what the hell I tryed it I cut a pork chop I had in the frezzer and boiled it in the broth of the ckicken necks they ate it and it didn't kill them. so I bought fresh pork sholder for 89 cents a pound cut it into strips. and had a nice pork bone for pea soup for me. THE third time I went to feed pork I did not use any broth just water but would they eat it .Some ate it with out a bird sent. So here I go with my new food source boiled Pork, chicken and turkey. the cleanest food that I could feed my snakes boiling kills all the germs and parasites.I use all differnt parts of the chicken just remember remove the big chunks of fat .the same goes for pork but use fresh pork not smoked or cured. Turkey is way more lean and I can use everthing but the neck the bones are to big for corns. You can cut the meat any size you want to to meet the needs of your snake . if anybody trys this please get in touch with me. thank you and good luck. Vinny

I'm not trying to dis your idea here...but didn't I read a while back that snakes can't handle cooked food? I can't remember if I actually read that or not.... :shrugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back