• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Corn Snake Weight?

laanxx99

My corn snake is packing on the weight now that he has jumped up his prey size. He has been hitting 1-2 adult mice for a few months now and has hit around 250 grams. He never misses a meal, unless he is in blue. My question is this, what is the average weight of a 2 year old corn? I know that it can vary depending on the amount of food and whatnot but going by my feeding schedule Once a week as a hatchling - one frozen pinky and once every 5-7 days as a two year old - one-two f/t adult mice. If you cant answer the question I understand. If so, what are the weights of some of the corns of the same age on the board here? I'm just curious if my guy needs more food or less food. I dont want him to be fat like me! lol Thanks in advance.

It can vary wildly. I'd say that you corn's weight is just about right. All of my '05 snakes weigh anywhere from 190-280g. This is with once a week feedings since the beginning. Conversely I have an '04 girl that just hit the 200 gram mark. She feeds once a week and never misses a meal, is just a VERY slow grower. Go figure.

It all depends on the snake's diet. I recently picked up some '05s that have been on maintenance diets most of their lives. Their weight was between 40 and 55 grams. (On a normal diet, they have all put on 25g in 3 weeks.) The '05s that my fiancee and I have raised from hatchlings are between 240 and 392g...with one exception. Iris still weighs around 60g...she too is a slow grower.
So I guess it really depends on your snakes feeding schedule and genetics. :shrugs:

Back