• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pics of Chester where the Scale fell off!

Chester'sDad

Im really sorry if I shouldnt be making a new post, but I cant edit the title, and I figured people would look here if I said I had pics. Anyways, Here are the pics. In the pic with her face in it, you can see down on the right side of the loop where the scale came off. Also, I must have said in my recent post that it looked weird, but I didnt mean that. There was a left over piece of skin around the scale, and I tried to rub it off after getting it wet with a paper towel, and the whole scale came off. She's sitting on my shoulder right now, and doesnt show any bad effects. Here are the pics...

IttyBittyEggandChesterScale005.jpg

IttyBittyEggandChesterScale004.jpg

IttyBittyEggandChesterScale003.jpg

Again, Im sorry if I shouldnt have made a new post.

I really hope it does, Im worried about it. It doesnt seem to faze her at all though, so I think it will be ok.

I have a pair of Komorner Tumblers. I had another female, but a board on my aviary fell off and she flew away. I just bought them for fun, but I really love em now. They are really cool.

Spur once lost a half scale with a shed, it grew back fine, I haven't ever seen a whole scale gone. It'll re-grow a little bit with each shed if there's no underlying problem that causes it to continue dropping off.

thx. my snake had a small portion of a scale fall off and i was scarred. this white stuff looks pretty serious though

The white underneath is her skin. Or atleast I think it is. Her neck looks white when it stretches as she eats!

The white underneath is her skin. Or atleast I think it is. Her neck looks white when it stretches as she eats!

Yeah... the white is her skin. I'm pretty sure the scale will grow back. If not, I wouldn't think she would have any health problems because of it.

You might notice she's shedding more frequently.

I figured it was the skin. I hope she grows it back, but if not, it doesnt matter. If it doesnt cause her harm it doesnt matter anyways.

You might notice she's shedding more frequently.

I read that in Kathy Love's book, so I figured that might happen. Thanks!

Back