• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Baby Northern Watersnake pictures

tricksterpup

I has nuttin to Say.
Well this is a wee little guy who is just growing really fast for me.
This is a c/b Northern Water snake I picked up from the Snake Guru. He knew I have a fascination with these fish eaters and got me one. Its an angry lil snake but I laugh at his attempts to ward me off.

But I will tell you, he does allow me to hand feed him crappie minnows. Since I live near a bait store that gives me about 100 minnows for around 3 bucks. Well who am I to argue feeding this monster. Since he comes up and begs for food like a trained seal already. I figure he is going to be nothing to convert to pinks and then mice ones he gets larger.

some of these are not the greatest quality since I took them and held him at the same time. :) But I wanted to capture in photos, how tiny he is.

watersnake.jpg

watersnake1.jpg

watersnake2.jpg

I will say he is about as tiny as my newly hatched Fox Snakes this year and he has grown in my care. So he was much smaller than this when I first brought him home.

You should name him Sparky!!! (I was good friends with his trainer, back in the day...)

I just watched a show on Dirty Jobs about water snake research last night. Can't say I really want one, but I'd like to catch and release on e some day!

He's very cute.

You should name him Sparky!!! (I was good friends with his trainer, back in the day...)

I just watched a show on Dirty Jobs about water snake research last night. Can't say I really want one, but I'd like to catch and release on e some day!

He's very cute.

Nanci,
I had an wc adult a few years ago, she was puppy dog tame. But she gave birth to about 40 plus babies, she never recovered after that and refused to eat. I was upset when she died but I will say she had the best colors of any snake I ever had.
She had amazing red, copper and brown tones in her. After her and her babies passed, I had wanted another since then.
So I am hoping this wee lil one will mellow out over time.

Wow there is something really pleasing (to me at least) about his colors and markings. He looks like he has lots of personality! Thanks for sharing!

Nice little guy. I found my first every wild baby N. water snake last summer. How do you have his cage set up?

I keep my animals pretty minimum for caging right now especially the little guys. There are no decorations and no display cages here.
This little guy hides under the aspen and is fine. He sites out and waits to be fed in his water dish. He is kept in a critter keeper in a make shift rack system.

He will go in a display cage though once I build my 10 gallon latch tank wall that I plan.

But for now this is home for him.
GEDC0122.jpg

GEDC0123.jpg

Wouldn't it be cool to set him up in one of those half land half water turtle cages, though??

Wouldn't it be cool to set him up in one of those half land half water turtle cages, though??

Problem is with a setup like that, he may get blister disease and its very common for a snake kept in captivity in setup like that.
It would rock and look very nice but I would have to be working on that setup all the time to prevent that.
If I do put him in a display cage down the line it will have fake plants, a light and a nice big water dish.

ok the little bugger was begging for food. So I gave in, but I typically feed fish eaters a few times a week, since fish doesnt stick with them like rodents do.

feedingtime.jpg

wscloseup.jpg

And finally got the meal in his water bowl.

wsyummy.jpg

Cool little snake. I kept a 2.5 foot long one for a summer. Actually had 2 at one point. They were wild caught and would eat for me right away no questions asked. One was very defensive and the other was easy going and only bit me once :bird: Good luck with him. They have stinky poo so watch out! :noevil:

Back