• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Can we take a quick detour where I ask whether my new cali king is fat for his size?

reptire

The viv is 60 cm long, he is somewhere between 60-70. Can't give weight, but can give picture.
4t3sls.jpg

Maybe the question should be is he skinny for his size or is he normal? Quite frankly fat is the last thing i'd think of, but then again I'm just assuming from this picture. Any chance you can get another picture?(i know my fat corn snake looks perfect in pictures).

It would be nice to have a better picture.
He looks normal from this one, but it's a small picture and it's from a distance. A close up would be much better.

I watched video he doesn't look fat to me and as a matter of fact he can probably handle bigger food than you are giving him. A snake that size will grow better if you give him mice with fur rather than multiple pinkies. Also your feeding technique (dangling mice in front of snake with bare hands) is brave lol. I'd be using tongs or something...

Meh, as you can see in the video, I don't mind bites... And what you suggest about pinkies is perfectly fine, I'm just feeding off the remanining few frozen ones before switching to bigger prey. :)

I watched video he doesn't look fat to me and as a matter of fact he can probably handle bigger food than you are giving him. A snake that size will grow better if you give him mice with fur rather than multiple pinkies. Also your feeding technique (dangling mice in front of snake with bare hands) is brave lol. I'd be using tongs or something...

+1. Not a big deal now but one he's bigger those bites will hurt a lot more. I got tagged by an adult brooks king while feeding. It bled like crazy and was a bit painful after the fact. They have a lot of tiny teeth.

Plus peeling off a snake that's trying to eat you can damage the snake.

Back