• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My mice won't eat veggies (so no nutrients)

I don't feed them blocks currently, but I plan on picking up some next week. Until then, it's stale bread (as this is about the only thing they'll eat - tried lots of veggies, fruits and whatnot).

Do you have any cheerios around? Mice will often eat those, at least, and they have more nutrition than stale bread.

If you have any animal feed stores (like for horses and farm animals) get pig pellets as a much cheaper alternative than rodent blocks.

The mice will eat anything if they get hungry enough. Only offer them veggies with no bread and they should eat it. Good Luck!

Our mice get a variety of food, they get a hog grower ration (that is very comparable to the rodent block), rolled oats with molasses, bird seed (whichever variety is on sale when I mix the feed), high protein, small kibble dog food, any crackers/cereal/bread that the kids have given up on. I mixed this well and use it as their main diet, they get fresh veggies usually 1-2 times per week with their regular diet, they love veggies but won't touch fruit of any kind.
Hope this helps!

If you believe in the saying, "You are what you eat." I highly recommend Mazuri Mouse Breeder. It is specifically formulated for mice, and it's high quality nutrition travels straight to the top of the food chain, your snakes. Cheap dog food and other feeds are not formulated for rodents. I get excellent production from my colonies and cannot help but think the quality shows in my snakes. If there is a Mazuri dealer near you you can get 50lb for around $30. It really does make a difference.

Back