• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New years babies

A few updates.

Ultramel Anery

Ultramel Anery Tessera (In the blue of course)

Lava Sunkissed

Attachments

• DSCN3471.JPG
    DSCN3471.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCN3465.JPG
    DSCN3465.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCN3463.JPG
    DSCN3463.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 138
LOL! There's always next year ;)

Yes, yes there is...Don't worry I'm already counting down the time :D

All the babies here are doing REALLY good, growing like crazy, I really must take some photos soon and post them!

EDIT: And I would be completely jealous of the "regular old" ultramel anery you have there...but I have my own little jewel who I LOVE, I'm sure the photo doesn't do yours any justice if it's anything close to my little girl.

Anyone who thinks they might want an ultramel anery should buy a baby from your line!

Yes, yes there is...Don't worry I'm already counting down the time :D

All the babies here are doing REALLY good, growing like crazy, I really must take some photos soon and post them!

EDIT: And I would be completely jealous of the "regular old" ultramel anery you have there...but I have my own little jewel who I LOVE, I'm sure the photo doesn't do yours any justice if it's anything close to my little girl.

Anyone who thinks they might want an ultramel anery should buy a baby from your line!
Thanks Terri, and yes you must post pics soon!
Wow, the striped honey and the lava cinder are amazing!
Thanks!!!
As usual, all very nice Steve !!

Walter
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!
Thank you Walt!!!

This Anery is related to the previous "Pink" Ultramel Anery. It's not Hypo so it can't be Strawberry causing the pink color. So what is it? redcoat? red factor?

The first pic is of him eating his first meal. The following three were just taken today.

Attachments

• DSCN3503.JPG
    DSCN3503.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCN3505.JPG
    DSCN3505.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCN3504.JPG
    DSCN3504.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 154
  • DSCN3255.JPG
    DSCN3255.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 155
Awesome baby!!

I also question the "fact" that strawberry causes that pink colouration. I've seen enough pink anerys from e.g. JMG ghosts x anery (not het hypo), so imho strawberry is most likely not responsible for the pink ground colour. I have no idear what mechanism is at work there. Red Coat? Red Factor? Possible! Something different? Pink Factor??? Are all "pink lineages" (Salmons, TS, Corals,...) pink by reason of the same genetic origin or do they all have their own cause? Are those all recessive? Which one seems to be codominant or dominant? I have no idear. Still lots of questions :shrugs:

Has anyone ever crossed a super pink JMG Salmon Ghost to a normal without hets, kept the f1 and produced an f2? Were all f2 "ghosts" pink? were any f2 nonpink ghosts in the clutch? does a third phenotype show up?

Awesome baby!!

I also question the "fact" that strawberry causes that pink colouration. I've seen enough pink anerys from e.g. JMG ghosts x anery (not het hypo), so imho strawberry is most likely not responsible for the pink ground colour. I have no idear what mechanism is at work there. Red Coat? Red Factor? Possible! Something different? Pink Factor??? Are all "pink lineages" (Salmons, TS, Corals,...) pink by reason of the same genetic origin or do they all have their own cause? Are those all recessive? Which one seems to be codominant or dominant? I have no idear. Still lots of questions :shrugs:

Has anyone ever crossed a super pink JMG Salmon Ghost to a normal without hets, kept the f1 and produced an f2? Were all f2 "ghosts" pink? were any f2 nonpink ghosts in the clutch? does a third phenotype show up?

Thanks! It is a mystery that will hopefully be figured out soon. :confused:

Awesome baby!!

I also question the "fact" that strawberry causes that pink colouration. I've seen enough pink anerys from e.g. JMG ghosts x anery (not het hypo), so imho strawberry is most likely not responsible for the pink ground colour. :shrugs:

Steve, sorry about hijacking your thread.

When we acquired all of the JMG Salmon/Coral inventory in April 2012, Jeff sr. delivered it in person, and verbally stated:
"Strawberry is NOT what is responsible for the color in my Salmon Snows nor Coral Ghosts. It's just a linebred thing. That person who keeps keeps saying on cornsnakes.com that my Corals and Salmons are strawberry based is wrong".
I have tried to tell people this repeatedly, and some grasp it, but others tell me I am wrong. :shrugs:

One could also just look at Mitchell Mulks strawberry snows and strawberry aneries and tell right away there's a huge difference between those and the JMG lines.

For the second part of the questions,
when you say a "normal without hets", I assume you mean a wild-caught without hets, as most classics in the trade will have hets. To that end, every version of a classic, whether wild-caught or captive bred/produced each generally has it's own unique ground color. Using Kastanie without hets as an example, here we can see, thanks to Steve, that a bloodred kastanie looks entirely different from a bloodred pick-another-locality-line.
The problem I see with this is results will be all over the place in F2's because there is not one single universal ground color on all classic/normals, but instead, there are literally hundreds of ground-colors, each of which will play out a different way. And of course a third phenotype will invariably show up.

Steve, sorry about the intrusion. Love your work.

Steve, sorry about hijacking your thread.

When we acquired all of the JMG Salmon/Coral inventory in April 2012, Jeff sr. delivered it in person, and verbally stated:
"Strawberry is NOT what is responsible for the color in my Salmon Snows nor Coral Ghosts. It's just a linebred thing. That person who keeps keeps saying on cornsnakes.com that my Corals and Salmons are strawberry based is wrong".
I have tried to tell people this repeatedly, and some grasp it, but others tell me I am wrong. :shrugs:

One could also just look at Mitchell Mulks strawberry snows and strawberry aneries and tell right away there's a huge difference between those and the JMG lines.

For the second part of the questions,
when you say a "normal without hets", I assume you mean a wild-caught without hets, as most classics in the trade will have hets. To that end, every version of a classic, whether wild-caught or captive bred/produced each generally has it's own unique ground color. Using Kastanie without hets as an example, here we can see, thanks to Steve, that a bloodred kastanie looks entirely different from a bloodred pick-another-locality-line.
The problem I see with this is results will be all over the place in F2's because there is not one single universal ground color on all classic/normals, but instead, there are literally hundreds of ground-colors, each of which will play out a different way. And of course a third phenotype will invariably show up.

Steve, sorry about the intrusion. Love your work.

No problem Dave. I agree that it could get confusing when the same Corns are line bred to "different looking" corns. Candy Canes and Sunglows for example, both are Amels and look totally different because of line breeding. Iv'e been thinking for a while now that Sunrise Corns might be Mandarins, just bred through a different line. We might find out next season as I bred one of my Kastanie males to a Sunrise female.
The same gene could be present without even realizing it.

Attachments

• DSCN3573.JPG
    DSCN3573.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 76
I guess I should also update my 2013 holdbacks.

Kastanie Blood
Tessera (Het Ice)
Okeetee (Big blotch line I'm working on)
Okeetee (same line as above)

Attachments

• DSCN4200.JPG
    DSCN4200.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN4203.JPG
    DSCN4203.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN4204.JPG
    DSCN4204.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN4205.JPG