• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Corn Snake Laws in New Jersey???

??????? corns are native to nj how would it affect the native population, besides adding to it, witch would be good if there "endangered".
and nj isnt that bad, we have some of the best farm land, granted there isnt much left and we'r best know for growing homes. but where i live its not bad, and all the surrounding area.
so y have a permit? do u need one in ny or pa? if not, wow nj is so stupid and i cant wait to leave =)

Raise the dead: 1rst well adding to it, by releasing into wild wich is bad, 2nd NJ has bad animal laws not only cornsnakes i belive there are mammals that are not allowed here w/o a permit. you do not need any permit in PA and Iam pretty postive ive seen stores selling normal eye corns here, I doubt that many non corn owners know the law. I have things but i just dont tell people around me i have them.

It means you will be owning a illegal snake.

Amel, Lavenders, Butter, Snow, Opal and Blizzards are what you can be legally own or sell in this great state, so you would be breaking the law if you do.

Lenny is exactly correct. the above morphs are the only morphs allowed to be possessed in New Jersey and even those will require you to have a permit. No dark eyed morphs are allowed although Lavenders do look dark eyed.
where as the state does not encourage breeding, it is not illegal. sticking with breeding red eye to red eye, should produce very few dark eyed. I had 13 clutches of red eye to red eye this season. the results?, 100% red eye.
with all the different morph names being attached to corns, such as sunglow, fire, cremesicle, ect. as long as the morph is red eyed, the State will not come knocking down your door.
Common sense would be to be discrete, shooting off at the mouth about things, can only lead to problems. One never knows who is lurking ....

here it is in print
Endangered Species as defined by N.J.A.C. 7:25-4.13 may not be possessed or sold by authority of this permit, [SEE
REGULATIONS]. The only Corn Snake color morphs that are legal to possess and/or sell in New Jersey are the
following: Red Albino (Amelanistic), Butter, Blizzard, Candy Cane, Creamsicle, Lavender, Pearl, Snow and
Sun Glow.

Lenny is exactly correct. the above morphs are the only morphs allowed to be possessed in New Jersey and even those will require you to have a permit. No dark eyed morphs are allowed although Lavenders do look dark eyed.
where as the state does not encourage breeding, it is not illegal. sticking with breeding red eye to red eye, should produce very few dark eyed. I had 13 clutches of red eye to red eye this season. the results?, 100% red eye.
with all the different morph names being attached to corns, such as sunglow, fire, cremesicle, ect. as long as the morph is red eyed, the State will not come knocking down your door.
Common sense would be to be discrete, shooting off at the mouth about things, can only lead to problems. One never knows who is lurking ....

here it is in print
Endangered Species as defined by N.J.A.C. 7:25-4.13 may not be possessed or sold by authority of this permit, [SEE
REGULATIONS]. The only Corn Snake color morphs that are legal to possess and/or sell in New Jersey are the
following: Red Albino (Amelanistic), Butter, Blizzard, Candy Cane, Creamsicle, Lavender, Pearl, Snow and
Sun Glow.

You can own Hypo Lavenders too.

I was talking to a Fish and Game officer this weekend who said if you get an Exhibit permit instead of the normal Hobby permit you can own endangered species. I'm going to check into that further and if it's true I will be getting that one especially since I use my animals for education I should have that permit anyway.

Let me know what you find out. I have all 3 permits, Hobby, Exhibit and animal dealer. I was unaware of the possibility of keeping a dark eye or normal under the Exhibit permit. I use the Exhibit permit for educational purposes with the Boy Scouts.

hey, i live in jersey and just bought an albino corn yesterday. permits are required. 10 bucks a year.......good luck!

LOl wow Iam like prob only 10 to 15 mins from you, I graduated from woodstown highschool this year, I live in alloway now.

I'm bumping this old thread because I live in NJ, and this is probably a stupid question. But can I own a normal corn snake in NJ?

I'm bumping this old thread because I live in NJ, and this is probably a stupid question. But can I own a normal corn snake in NJ?

No. You can select from the following arbitrary list: Albino, Butter, Snow, Lavender, Blizzard, Creamscicle & Candy Cane.

Lavender doesn't seem like it belongs since it is the only morph on the list that isn't amelanistic, but it is a beautiful morph!

No. You can select from the following arbitrary list: Albino, Butter, Snow, Lavender, Blizzard, Creamscicle & Candy Cane.

Lavender doesn't seem like it belongs since it is the only morph on the list that isn't amelanistic, but it is a beautiful morph!

That sucks. I love the look of normal corn snakes. Thanks for the response.

Back