• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Gotta love the big and hairy :)

Jynx

Digger, RN
This addiction is almost as bad as the corns. *sigh* Past the point of no return :grin01:

#1 - Avicularia metallica (Metallic Pink Toe)
#2 - Avicularia avicularia (Common Pink Toe)
#3 - Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (Greenbottle Blue)
#4 - Haplopelma lividum (Cobalt Blue) - hee hee my favorite :)

Attachments

• darwin.jpg
    darwin.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 192
  • newton.jpg
    newton.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 192
  • achilles.jpg
    achilles.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 192
  • cobalt4.jpg
    cobalt4.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Very nice Tarantulas Catherine. I am not allowed any spiders due to my wifes arachnophobia.

Last edited:
Scorpions glow... not Tarantulas...

-
I've got a few tarantulas as well, though your collection is much more impressive than mine. I've always been a fan of A. metallica, H. lividum, and, of course, all Pokies.

I have:
0.1 G. rosea
0.0.5 G. aureostriata
0.0.1 N. chromatus

Oh those are the "prettiest" ones. There's more. These girls rule them all :)

#1 - Psalmopoeus irminia (Venezuelan Sun Tiger) - this is THE QUEEN
#2 - Acanthoscurria geniculata (Giant White-kneed)
#3 - Brachypelma vagans (Mexican redrump)

Attachments

• queen.jpg
    queen.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 171
  • milli.jpg
    milli.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 171
  • geisha.jpg
    geisha.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 168
Oh spiders...

After reading the thread's title, I thought this was about some new guy you're seeing Jynxie. :rolleyes:

Ha ha... very funny Gary. I was waiting for someone to say something like that. Though I really expected someone to open the thread looking for a tribute to Mike's arm! :grin01:

CAV said:
After reading the thread's title, I thought this was about some new guy you're seeing Jynxie. :rolleyes:
Funny, I thought it was another thread about Mike's arm.

:sidestep:

regards,
jazz

OK, I guess I should read the entire thread before posting. Shun me as you would a leper. :rolleyes:

regards,
jazz

I'm looking forward to getting tarantulas someday, but I hate crickets. We'll see if I get over the cricket thing, because I really want a tarantula collection.

crickets aren't necessary...
cockroaches and mealworms work (roaches being the most superior of the three)

I normally stick to mealworms and crickets because I absolutely hate roaches. *shiver* Nasty disgusting creatures. There's just something wrong with being able to survive a nuclear holocast. Every once in a while I'll throw in some wax worms and other little creepy crawlies.

lol Im glad that I'm not the only one with a thing about creepy crawlies. Not spiders really (unless they are the ones that jump lol). Thats probably one of the reasons why I desided against a beardie, I dont really want crickets in my house lol.

Its funny if a garden spider is in the room with me... I scream, cry and faint... these guys? No problem, love em hehe. Used to walk around with Rosie (friends rose haired) on my head all the time... she loved my hair. But alas... poor Rosie... she escaped one day and their iguana ate her (Max is like 15 feet from nose to tail hehe.. hes hugantic) I miss that little lady ~,~

Back