• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

1.1 MBKs.. Thanks SnakeGuru

tricksterpup

I has nuttin to Say.
Well last night I came home to somewhat of a Surprise. I knew I was getting another Pair of MBKs from the Snake Guru who dropped them off at my house. I was just surprised how big the female was. I thought she would be about the size of my Ebony but damn.. Morticia is a good size snake.

I just want to say thanks to Brad publicly.

Here is one photo I was able to snap off before the Batteries died on the camera.

GEDC0502.jpg

Last edited:
Can I send Brad my address in case he wants to drop off anything else??? I am so envious!!! I need a big black snake!!

LOL...you're welcome Jim!

I'm sure you'll enjoy them, hard to find jet black ones, both of these are 98% just a little swish of white in the chin. LOL

~B~

MBK's rule! My partner/son just said tonight as we were doing "snake-work" that he wanted an all black snake...I told him the Thayeri's we bought might hatch one or two, but that's about 2-3 years down the line...so..........

ps) What are their temperments like. The kings I have now seem to come out and explore, much more often during the day than my corns.

MBK's rule! My partner/son just said tonight as we were doing "snake-work" that he wanted an all black snake...I told him the Thayeri's we bought might hatch one or two, but that's about 2-3 years down the line...so..........

ps) What are their temperments like. The kings I have now seem to come out and explore, much more often during the day than my corns.

Thanks..
I find MBKs to be more milder than other Kings. they can get nippy during feeding time but other than that, they are pretty calm. IMHO I think they are the nicest of the kings, I currently now have 2.3.

Now on the other hand, and old member here had a very mean one. She had an aggressive male. She eventually sold it off since it was no longer in her breeding plans. But you can get an aggressive one, kinda like corns. Most are calm but there is that one that you get that is aggressive.

Now the other snakes that are black:
Black Rats: but here some times you may only get a chocolate brown one instead of a Black snake.

Black Milks: Awesome snakes. I had a huge 6 plus foot male. These guys have a different feel to them, they feel like silk. Also have a more bluish sheen to them instead of the solid black. And plus they start out Tri colored as well and grow to black.

Black Pines: Another all black snake that gets to a good size. A bit thicker than the milk and a great snake. But like all Pits, they will have attitude and hiss and holler at you.

South African Mole Snakes: These are hard to come by here in the US. I have not seen any. And if you do find them odds are they are w/c and imports. But they get the size of indigos.

And finally Indigos. Incredible snakes that are poop machines. But just down right amazing. And are on the endangered species list. If you want one you will have to get a permit to have it shipped to you.

Now all of these snakes I have mentioned are all over 6 feet. Yes, they are big and lengthy snakes.

Now the smallest are MBKs. In my opinion are the best ones to go with. They are smaller than the others. They are a Glossy JET Black.
Easy to care for and fairly cheap. They can range in price from $30-$60. IMHO, if you see them for more.. I think you are paying to much. Like I said, I have seen and paid for hatchlings at $30 locally.

Back