• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pictures from today (DUW)

queztacoatl

I went out today hoping for some good bird pictures since it's the first time that it's been slightly warm here for a while. I didn't get any bird pictures but I did get a couple of shots that I liked. I also saw a squirtle hiding on a bridge! I guess most of the older people here might not know what a squirtle is...

fog2.jpg

bridge.jpg

squirtle-1.jpg

Beautiful photography. However, why wouldn't older people know about squirrels? I think they have been around more than anyone alive today! :)

Thanks!

I was actually talking about a Squirtle, which is a type of pokemon which is a video game from the 90's haha. But I wish I would've gotten a picture of a squirrel.

LOL omg! That is funny! Im sorry, I was totally thinking you thought squirrels were a new thing. LOL! Im kind-of air headed. :)

I had a kid, I know what a Squirtle is. That's a cool bridge, wonder how old the original stone part is?
PS: I'm still out, got my pic of the day. It's not as pretty as your bridge pic.

Let me tell you something young pup, I knew what a squertle was right after you explained it.

Haha maybe I was wrong then, I didn't know how many people would know what a squirtle was at all. I guess a lot of the people here had kids that were into pokemon.

Lol, Wade!

And nice pictures! I really like the first one. And aw, I remember Squirtle, one of the originals. I used to know all the Pokemon, but now it seems like there are over 1,000. (I always favored Charmander. :})

That first photo is absolutely breathtaking.

Haha! I thought you meant "squirrel" at first, too.. Or "turtle." But then you made the "typo" again... Lol. Oh, the good old days of Pokemon. Whoever drew him did a pretty good job. =)

That first photo is absolutely breathtaking.

Haha! I thought you meant "squirrel" at first, too.. Or "turtle." But then you made the "typo" again... Lol. Oh, the good old days of Pokemon. Whoever drew him did a pretty good job. =)

Thanks! Yeah I was taking photographs with my girlfriend when she was like "There's a squirtle on that bridge!" and I thought she meant a squirrel or turtle too. If only I had a spare pokeball, I would've caught it.

Very cool! Those are some of my old stomping grounds there at Kent. I attended a Catholic/Hindu wedding right there on those decks! I used to do a lot of mountain biking there as well. Very nice pictures almost looks like they could be from the Olde Country. I also used to live right up the road from the grain towers in the background and bartended at JB's down under, probably not there anymore though.

I'm glad you like them! That's cool, if I had my bike here I'd definitely do some bike riding, there are some really nice parks around here, did you attend KSU? Yeah I don't think JB's is around anymore, but I'm not sure.

That first pic is amazing!

......and I had no idea what a squirtle was...or I had an idea but it wasn't a nice one. My kids are still young and show no interest in Pokemon and I was too busy partying in the 90's to worry about Pokemon.

those pictures are pretty awesome! i can give you some tips about photography if you want, just PM me.

For some reason, every time I read DUW I read it as DO UR WORST! even though I know it's dial-up warning. Beautiful pics, Squirtle was always my favorite! Forget Charmander, enjoy fighting for your life at Brock.

VERY NICE !! I also really like the first.
Question, how do you combine color & black/white? I've seen other images like that and always was curious how to do that?

Walter,
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!

nice photos i use colorsplash on my itouch (its an app) to make everything black and white and only 1 thing in color

Awesome pics!!!
I"m glad we have a professional photographer who is willing to give tips to someone who took absolutely beautiful pics all on their own.

fog2.jpg

I am just amazed at this image. As old time hobbyist who strayed away for a very long time. I am just truly amazed at this one. Personally save this one and get it printed up. This is a keeper for some actual contests. Look in your area and keep your eye out for some local photo contests and not internet ones mind you either.

keep up the good work.

Back