• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pictures from today (DUW)

fog2.jpg

I am just amazed at this image. As old time hobbyist who strayed away for a very long time. I am just truly amazed at this one. Personally save this one and get it printed up. This is a keeper for some actual contests. Look in your area and keep your eye out for some local photo contests and not internet ones mind you either.

keep up the good work.

I have to agree!!

This one is a winner!!

SQUIRTLE!!!!! You just made me have a happy. Not to mention looking at the beautiful photos! When you wrote "Squirtle" the first time, I thought you were talking about an actual turtle. And then I got to the picture. :laugh:

fog2.jpg

I am just amazed at this image. As old time hobbyist who strayed away for a very long time. I am just truly amazed at this one. Personally save this one and get it printed up. This is a keeper for some actual contests. Look in your area and keep your eye out for some local photo contests and not internet ones mind you either.

keep up the good work.

Thanks a lot everyone! I didn't think my photos would get this much attention lol.

I wouldn't really know where to go to enter a a photo contest, I'm a graphic design student, not a photographer, but I bet there's some people in my class that would know.

keep up the good work.
As a painter, I completely agree, this is really an excellent photo, how the golden glow of the lamps are really the only color and the offset of the shot, where nothing is the focus and the eye is left to wander the various interesting aspects of the gray landscape and there is just enough contrast within the gray scale. Really just a great well- thought out shot!

Thanks a lot everyone! I didn't think my photos would get this much attention lol.

I wouldn't really know where to go to enter a a photo contest, I'm a graphic design student, not a photographer, but I bet there's some people in my class that would know.

always check the local city and township. They are always having contests. local photo stores have that information as well. You can also swing by and talk to a photography professor as well.

Things I like about it is its so Mono toned, and then you have the pale yellow from the lamp.

The only thing that can not be helped that i find a bit distracting but its me. Is the bit of snow on the lower left hand corner. If there was no snow there, the photo may be a bit more striking. What you could do is go back on a day where there is no snow, and still gray out side and shoot again. Try to get the same conditions again.

What Ansel Adams used to do, was visit a site every year at the same time to take photos of the same exact time but at a different year for the lighting conditions. i bet he got some amazing photos that we never got to see in print.

But always remember, you dont get an amazing photo every time, heck in photography class we would take about 10 rolls of film before getting a good quality picture. Now with Digital photography, you do not need to waste the money on film.
Its so much easier now. I just need to get the money for a good camera and maybe just dust off my old one and start taking good black and white images again.

Awesome pics!!!
I"m glad we have a professional photographer who is willing to give tips to someone who took absolutely beautiful pics all on their own.

i'm sick of you posting these little comments behind my back, i was just trying to help give him some advice.

Back