• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2014 Coral Snow Progression Thread

Galataya16

OK, OK, I just have to share!! I'm so very, very excited!! I'm getting a new baby!! A coral snow from John F. at Pike's Peak Corns (Colorado Corns)! I'm so very excited and just had to share with some other snake enthusiasts. Here are a couple of John's photos of my new little man. Been tossing around names and I'm thinking maybe Tauntaun. He's just gorgeous and I can't wait til he gets here!

Attachments

• IMG_2014112620744.jpg
    IMG_2014112620744.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_2014112632501.jpg
    IMG_2014112632501.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 261
Eeeeee! Congrats! I'm so jealous. I was very tempted by these guys that John has/had. You will have to take many progression pics!

I am so, so excited and it stinks that I can't share the excitement the same way here at home. No one here cares for snakes. I had asked John about them a while back and he sent me a couple photos and I just fell in love with this one. But stuff had come up and we decided to wait and hopefully get one next season. When John posted the sale add and he still had this guy I was kinda shocked and felt that I was supposed to have him. He's my Christmas /Birthday present from my parents (my birthday is right after Christmas ). They don't really care for our zoo but they seem to know it makes me happy and is one of my biggest passions. I care so much about all my babies. And of course I'll have to share lots of photos with you!! No one else gets excited about them and it's awesome to have people to share that with!!

He kind of put a slight wrench in my next theme plan. I wanted to go with the walking dead but a coral snow doesn't connect with that really. So thinking I go with star wars on this one. Was thinking maybe Hoth, or Tauntaun. My husband wants me to name him Wampa lol. I don't really like wampa. Anyone else star wars fans? Think of something else snow that I'm not thinking of?

And Thanks ladies!! One more to check off my wishlist!!! Have a few more I'd really like to have on the cornsnake front lol (a RO, a high contrast tessera, a peppermint stripe, a scatter corn, and one of Walter's ultramel candy canes and if I could find a lemon like the one Mr Mulks has from Steve's lines I'd totally love one of those lol). It's like pringles. :) I've got the fever lol!!

Wow! Talk about pink! Congratulations, he's amazing. I don't know why exactly, but I think he suits a star wars theme. Good choice! ;)

Very handsome little guy! Gotta go with your husband on the name.
Wampa just rolls off the tongue better than the others imho and plus us guys have to sick together. lol

I've been wanting one of these guys for a while now and I was SO tempted by that ad, but I'm totally out of space. I'm really glad you're going to be his owner so we'll get to see how he progresses. He's already so pink, so I bet he will be a really stunning adult.

Also, I think Tauntaun is cute. Or maybe Echo, like Echo Base?

Wow! Talk about pink! Congratulations, he's amazing. I don't know why exactly, but I think he suits a star wars theme. Good choice! ;)

Thank you! I thought it was. The walking dead and star wars are two of my top themes I wanna do!

Very handsome little guy! Gotta go with your husband on the name.
Wampa just rolls off the tongue better than the others imho and plus us guys have to sick together. lol

Thank you! My husband says thank you also lol!! He also likes "Snowbi Wan Kanobi" (which I totally love lol. Fitting and humorous lol). Jar Jar Binx was tossed around too.

I've been wanting one of these guys for a while now and I was SO tempted by that ad, but I'm totally out of space. I'm really glad you're going to be his owner so we'll get to see how he progresses. He's already so pink, so I bet he will be a really stunning adult.

Also, I think Tauntaun is cute. Or maybe Echo, like Echo Base?

Thanks Olivia!! I'm stoked. The other one he sent me a photo of was so pretty too! Could have this ones brother!!! And we never thought of Echo! We both like that also!

What a beauty! Congrats.

Thank you! I can't wait! Gonna be so hard to wait to handle him!!

Thanks for letting me share my excitement everyone!!!

Oh DEFINITELY!!! Will probably be taking pics as soon as I open the box lol. That first week is going to be the HARDEST lol.

He's here!! Man, pictures do NOT do him justice!! I love him. Here's one for now and I'll see about trying to get some more when I unpack him and put him in his viv.

Attachments

• IMG_2014120417492.jpg
    IMG_2014120417492.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 94
So he is tucked away in his viv! I only did photos in his viv to let him settle. He was quite upset and stressed and did strike at me. Poor guy :( He's buried in his aspen. All I see is the tip of his tail now. And here is the photo of his viv. Do you think that there is enough in the viv for a 20 gallon long? The others I started in a 10 gallon so not near as much space.

Attachments

• IMG_2014120420529.jpg
    IMG_2014120420529.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2014120459757.jpg
    IMG_2014120459757.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2014120442900.jpg
    IMG_2014120442900.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2014120431870.jpg
    IMG_2014120431870.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 88
Yay! Worth the wait! What a cute little guy, I am glad he is home and you are enjoying him. Keep us updated on pics!

Found the same spot Spec likes. He was making circles up there all night lol. Goofball is trying to escape.

Attachments

• IMG_2014120538994.jpg
    IMG_2014120538994.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 70
He is so funny! We still haven't decided a name. I really like snobi-wan kenobi but it isn't the easiest to say. Tauntaun or tauny is another option but just can't decide. Hoping something will stick. He is always watching me, like this photo. He pokes his head out from all over to watch what what is going on. Seems ever curious. He's so stinking cute!!

Attachments

• IMG_201412064296.jpg
    IMG_201412064296.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 63
Back