• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

ab"normal" stripe - losing her pigment

Latest Pics

I took some new pictures of her today. The dark specks have lightened a smidge and are now tipped with light gray/white. No new speckling seems to appear on her though, so maybe this will be it?
Enjoy!

Attachments

• Caprica 6-11 (10).JPG
    Caprica 6-11 (10).JPG
    66 KB · Views: 105
  • Caprica 6-11 (15).JPG
    Caprica 6-11 (15).JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Caprica 6-11 (21).JPG
    Caprica 6-11 (21).JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Caprica 6-11 (27).JPG
    Caprica 6-11 (27).JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 105
Well she hasn't changed too much lately. Pretty much the same. Have a whole new question related to her now. I have someone that would like to buy her and her brother to test breed her in the future. What on earth do I charge? Could be an individual abnormality or could also be however unlikely a genetic trait that could be passed on. So if anyone can give me guidance on what a fair price would be I would appreciate your input.
Thanks so much!

In my personal opinion, if I were you - I'd test her out myself before selling her. If you sell her as unknown, either you're not going to get nearly as much as she's worth out of her (if it's proven as a recessive trait) or the buyer is going to lose out.

It very well could be a recessive trait. The greys don't appear to be a 'normal' anery type of grey that would show up if she were a chimera.

Thanks. I am selling all my snakes so I won't be breeding. I have a well known breeder that wants to give her a whirl so to speak and asked me what I wanted for her. I don't want to be unreasonable but also don't want to just give her away. She will be ready to breed in 2013 and is 66% het amel and caramel. So again she could just be a simple stripe worth a little or she could be worth a lot more. He (the buyer) realizes the gamble and is happy to just own her as an unusual specimen with hopes of something more. I was thinking $100? Is that crazy?

Ha! See? That's why I want an expert opinion. I dont want to be unreasonable but I don't want to say $100 and the. Have the guy think "sweet I would have paid $300!" I am trying to find Dons contact info and see if he can help me. Thank you everyone! So far the few people I've asked to help with pricing have all wanted to buy her which puts me in an even bigger pickle! If I only had a crystal ball, LOL.

Back