• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Added Jungle Vines to my Viv

Geez, I didnt even think of that...I guess it would be cheaper and easier to buy this stuff at a craft store like Michaels.

If you have a sliding screen top and can't twist tie to it. What I did was hot glue some fowl robs or Popsicle sticks in to the corners and draped the vines over those. Cheap and easy. I also get vines from hobby lobby or michels. Usually you can get half off and get a larger selection for cheaper and not to mention different styles as well. I'll try posting a pic of my cage

Great tip! Thanks. I'd love to see pics.

You know what I do with those bare jungle vines- I take one, cut it in half, take one of the six feet long leafy bendy vines, wrap that around the jungle vine, then form the whole thing into a serpentine shape, going around the sides and back and over the hides and stuff. That way it is strong enough to support a baby-juvie, and you can easily pick the whole thing out for cleaning/snake finding.

You know what I do with those bare jungle vines- I take one, cut it in half, take one of the six feet long leafy bendy vines, wrap that around the jungle vine, then form the whole thing into a serpentine shape, going around the sides and back and over the hides and stuff. That way it is strong enough to support a baby-juvie, and you can easily pick the whole thing out for cleaning/snake finding.

We have one of the bendy vines in our grey ratsnakes cage. He is a yearling and really enjoys climbing. We've found that most of the rats and some of the corns do like to climb, and we provide them with opportunities to do so.

FINALLY.

After feeding today he finally discovered that he can use the vines for climbing. So he was all over the viv for a few hours...like constantly climbing everywhere. I thought he was going to fall several times, but the modifications I made to the plants worked out well.

Strangles%20-%20April%2012%202011%20-%204.png

Strangles%20-%20April%2012%202011%20-%201.png

Strangles%20-%20April%2012%202011%20-%203.png

Strangles%20-%20April%2012%202011%20-%205.png

Strangles%20-%20April%2012%202011%20-%202.png

I dont know why he was so active..he had just eaten two pinks and I expected him to go hide to digest like he normally does. Even right now he is still out cruising around.

Back