• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

(almost) Yay for me! and Question?

daneale777

Okay, I need some help with all of your wonderful wisdom.
I've been trying to get a hold of these people locally for about a week. They have two baby corns available. They finally e-mailed me this morning and it looks like I will be purchasing them later today, when they return (from shopping I think.)
Anyway, the question is; what morph do you think they are?
They were advertising them for "candy cane" and "normal", but I think not.

Please let me know what you think. And hopefully this afternoon, I'll be sending out new pictures of them coming home.

P.S. If I have my way, they will both be in my welcoming home by this evening......

Thanks!!!
:licklips:Daneale

Attachments

• Red baby (3).JPG
    Red baby (3).JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 120
  • Dark baby (3).JPG
    Dark baby (3).JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 120
Congrats! :cheers: I hope you get them :p

The pics aren't clear, but they look like an amel and an anery. But I am just guessing. I am sure there are people on here who know better than me.

Thanks Rich! Those are my guesses too, but I'm pretty new to this "morphing" business. Haha.
My 9 year old just read your reply and said, "Mom, you were right." There's a first for her. According to her, SHE's always right.

Thanks.

Any more guesses would be great to hear too.........

-Daneale

Congrats! :cheers: I hope you get them :p

The pics aren't clear, but they look like an amel and an anery. But I am just guessing. I am sure there are people on here who know better than me.

Agreed even though the pics are kind of blury and the lighting is off

It's tough to say whether the second one is an anery or a normal...could go either way. The first definitely looks like an amel. However, it looks like there is way too much yellow in the background color and between the saddles to be considered a candycane, imo. Pictures with better lighting would benefit IDing them both.

It's tough to say whether the second one is an anery or a normal...could go either way. The first definitely looks like an amel. However, it looks like there is way too much yellow in the background color and between the saddles to be considered a candycane, imo. Pictures with better lighting would benefit IDing them both.

I was thinking normal also, but if you look again there is no red, or orange, so maybe lav/anery too, but better pics for sure

Thanks you guys for All of your opinions. I'm still waiting for a phone call back from the owner (who I think is still shopping).
Then, hopefully, I will soon have my own pics to send you all.
I agree that they are blurry with bad lighting. Sorry.

I was also thinking amel and anery, but what do I know?

Thanks,
-Daneale

I was thinking normal also, but if you look again there is no red, or orange, so maybe lav/anery too, but better pics for sure

Way too dark for a lav, imo. I think anery is the best bet. You're right about the reds and being a normal, but I can't tell if it's just the photo's colors or the snake. I recently picked up some normals that are very dark (almost a shade of orangeish-brown) that might look similar to an anery without good lighting.

Way too dark for a lav, imo. I think anery is the best bet. You're right about the reds and being a normal, but I can't tell if it's just the photo's colors or the snake. I recently picked up some normals that are very dark (almost a shade of orangeish-brown) that might look similar to an anery without good lighting.

True, but on the other hand, their would be to much white, between the markings to be considered normal, do't you think? I've never seen a pick of a normal that had that much white on it and i've looked at thousands of pics of corns.

But hey maybe:shrugs:

For the record, I'm still in agreement that it most likely is an anery.

True, but on the other hand, their would be to much white, between the markings to be considered normal, do't you think?

That's just it. With the colors of the photo being off, I can't say anything for sure. I'm attaching a pic of one of the normals I was referring to below. With the contrast between her orange/brown coloration and her background color, I think you can see how the background coloration could come out looking pretty white in a pic where the lighting was poor.

Attachments

• 50447_Female1-3_122_808lo.jpg
    50447_Female1-3_122_808lo.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 59
Closer to yay for me.

Okay guys. I'm one step closer to having my new babies in my greedy little paws. The owner is going to meet me at Petco (where she works, how funny) in less than four hours. Let the countdown begin!:crazy01:
Soon I will have better pics for you all.
The owner says these are babies that she bred for and that the mom is her snow and the father is her "albino". She also said that she doesn't know how the dark one got so dark, but that she does have another Ghost that might have something to do with it. She does, btw, have all 9 of her corns housed together, in a "breeder tank", she said. Does this help at all?

Also, what are the most important questions I should ask her when I pick them up?

Thanks!!!

:dancer::licklips:-Daneale

Feeding schedule and records, sex, all the poss fathers as if you breed it will help you. Maybe shedding schedule.

It sounds like you've picked her brain enough to know everything about them. and yeah that looks kinda like a ghost, little to dark though. you could ask type of substrate she uses, and if they are good eaters, or if they are hard to feed. Ask last time they've been fed etc.

Thanks! That helps.
Should I just print out the data and record sheets I downloaded from "Ians Vivariam" site or should I use the herp care software program and have her fill it out? Just kidding.

-Daneale

Thanks! That helps.
Should I just print out the data and record sheets I downloaded from "Ians Vivariam" site or should I use the herp care software program and have her fill it out? Just kidding.

-Daneale

If you want there records you should ask for a copy, don't be shy. I would ask so that you can make your own.

And yes I started my own records for everyone that saw the records post.

The owner says these are babies that she bred for and that the mom is her snow and the father is her "albino". She also said that she doesn't know how the dark one got so dark, but that she does have another Ghost that might have something to do with it. She does, btw, have all 9 of her corns housed together, in a "breeder tank", she said. Does this help at all?

The parents cannot be a snow and an amel. At least not to produce a snake like the one in the second picture. A snow and an amel would produce all amels (and snows if the amel is het anery). If the ghost she is referring to is an adult, I would say the ghost bred with the snow female and produced the anery that is in the second picture.

I don't mean to take the wind out of your sails or throw up a red flag too early, but I would be wary of anyone who keeps 9 snakes together in one tank even if just for breeding...but that's just my feeling on the situation. Maybe I just don't understand or need more of the whole story to make a better judgement :shrugs:

I don't mean to take the wind out of your sails or throw up a red flag too early, but I would be wary of anyone who keeps 9 snakes together in one tank even if just for breeding...but that's just my feeling on the situation. Maybe I just don't understand or need more of the whole story to make a better judgement :shrugs:

I totally agree nine snakes is a little much, most people worry about 2 together but nine? I find that a little strange, and if thats the case she better have a green house for a viv.

Back