• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

(almost) Yay for me! and Question?

I agree that it's a bit odd to have 9 different snakes of different ages all housed together. I've heard the debate about the whole co-habitation issue, of course. But I thought that was usually talking about a little bit different situations.

I also did think that the dark one was odd being born of a snow mom and an amel dad. Is it possible for a corn to produce eggs at the same time from two different breedings and two different fathers?

I'll talk to her more tonight and see if I can get more info.

P.s. Sorry about this crazy space bar problem I'm having today. New keyboard in the morning.

Thanks!
-Daneale:confused:

Is it possible for a corn to produce eggs at the same time from two different breedings and two different fathers?

I think so. Females can store sperm from multiple breedings. I don't believe they have any facultative control over what sperm is used when, but I'm not sure.

Update...

I brought home my two new beautiful babies last night. My daughter and I are thrilled!!

So, here are the newest pics. There not exactly professional quality, but I don't want to disturb them while they settle in. I'll shoot more in a couple days when I feed them, however.

Let me know what you all think after seeing these.

Thanks for looking!!

:dancer:Daneale

Attachments

• GoodColor.JPG
    GoodColor.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Image016 Cropped.jpg
    Image016 Cropped.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Iwon'tStrikeYou.Ipromise. (2).JPG
    Iwon'tStrikeYou.Ipromise. (2).JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Wormy Cropped.jpg
    Wormy Cropped.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 50
Thanks Rich!
I didn't think I liked anything that dark until my daughter qued me in on her keen interest. Now I think the Anery one is absolutely beautiful. And she seems to be really relaxed with people so far, to boot!
She's just laying right out in the open, half buried, in the aspen for me to stare at and admire.

I'm quite happy. Hopefully she'll eat for me. At least I've done my research and think I must know at least 6 or 7 good "tricks" if need be.

-Daneale

Thank you thank you thank you.

I think the hold has taken.

They've got me bad....

Here's the new baby currently staring at me.....

-Daneale

Attachments

• IMG_0317.JPG
    IMG_0317.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 44
Well... could be an Amel and a Caramel...:shrugs:

IMG_0665.jpg

:cheers:

Well... could be an Amel and a Caramel...:shrugs:

I wouldn't say caramel at all. There isn't even a hint of yellow between the saddles, and the saddles have already started to lighten up and the coloration is typical of an anery.

Thanks for discussing this, you guys.
I wish I had more photos, but she (as my 9 yr. old claims) is still on "welcome home status" 'til Wed. or Thurs., so hard to get any decent pics of.
I don't see any yellow on her at all; nothing even close, actually. She is dark grey, light grey and white.
Here's a newer pic that maybe shows the colors. She's in the shadows (as no flash so as not to disturb her) so ignore the darker parts. The lighter parts are her true color.

Remember, the previous owner says her mom is for sure a ghost and the dad is an "albino", but possibly a charcoal when questioned further. I think I'm going to e-mail her when I get back from work later this afternoon and ask if she can provide photos of all three. She was very nice and said to call if I had any questions. Maybe this would help...

Sincerely,
Daneale

Attachments

• truecoloranery.JPG
    truecoloranery.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 33
How can the person you bought these off know the parentage if they cohab?

Or then go on to produce reliable records of an individual pairing for your hatchlings?

I mean 9 corns in one viv..., who knows when and which have mated...

unless i've missed something in the thread :shrugs:

How can the person you bought these off know the parentage if they cohab?

Or then go on to produce reliable records of an individual pairing for your hatchlings?

I mean 9 corns in one viv..., who knows when and which have mated...

unless i've missed something in the thread :shrugs:

I would have to agree with you there. I'm just trying to do the best with what I have been told.

-Daneale

I wouldn't say caramel at all. There isn't even a hint of yellow between the saddles, and the saddles have already started to lighten up and the coloration is typical of an anery.

Well...the picture I posted is a caramel and has no yellow... :shrugs:

Anyhow, just throwing another idea in there.

Well...the picture I posted is a caramel and has no yellow... :shrugs:

Anyhow, just throwing another idea in there.

Thanks Fizzle. Any ideas are very much welcomed. I appreciate your input.

I did e-mail the previous owner tonight too, btw. Hopefully soon, she'll be sending me pics.

My reasoning for doing this is also that I'm wondering what morphs the snakes are that are supposadly the mom and dad. She advertised the two I got as candy cane and normal and my best bets so far are that they are actual an amel and an anery. So maybe if I can see pics of her snakes, it might help a little.
This is better knowledge on the background on my baby hypo that I got from the local Petco, anyway.

-Daneale

It will be interesting to see what possibilities there are when you find out what snakes she has.

I think so too. I'm pretty excited to see that, but not as excited as I will be when I can actually hold my new babies for a while. It's supposed to be three days that I don't hold them for once I get them home, right?

Hopefully, I'll get an e-mail tomorrow with some pics, or at least soon.

-Daneale

Thanks Raven. That makes sense to me too. I'm just kind of shocked with myself that I thought the same thing and I just started learning about the morphs about two months ago. I guess all the endless time I spend on the computer looking up morphs and reading threads might have paid off a little.

Thanks for all of your comments everyone, and keep 'em coming!

-Daneale

Back