• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Always using hand sanitizer/salmonella?

Salmonella Shalmonella. All of it's a lie made up by PETA.

Nah, just kidding.

lol. Come to think of it, I've eaten a heck of a lot of raw cookie dough as a kid (my mom baked a lot). Maybe I'm just immune now? I do have an iron gut, I can eat just about anything and expiry dates are just a suggestion to me. Come to think of it, I'm never sick either. Maybe I'm a robot, I should really look into that.

My ex taught me that food left out overnight does not kill, as our mothers led us to believe. Financial hardship makes one much less discriminating about diet.

I personally use hand sanitizer before and after snake handling.I keep a pump bottle right next to the vivs. I also do it after cleaning the vivs as some said they mainly do, unless your totally anal and search your tank for poo your snake may have already slide through it and your still coming in contact with it. I have also found biters tend to steer away from the bites when they smell it.
I really don't think salmonella is as common with snakes but reptiles that have water areas in tanks, more risk??? Do you remember when you would get a free turtle at the gas station when your dad bought a tank of gas? They usually were all swimming in a kids pool with there poop and salmonella was more common and easy to spread!
Probable don't need to but sanitizer is so cheap why not???
Bill

Oh yeah like Nanci said food over night won't kill you if it's already cooked. I always leave left over pizza in the oven overnight for the next day. Mainly because I don't have a microwave, and no not because of radiation and I don't wear the tinfoil hat in bed...lol
I just never bought one since break up.
Bill

I keep hand sanitizer in every room with a viv, and use it after handling snakes or in between handling different ones.
But honestly, I'm more worried about the germs my son carries on him! Toddlers=walking Petri dishes!

Back