• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Amelanistic bloodred

lucia

Here is my female amel bloodred, she is 1 years old and coloured red. The last 3 month she have become red!

Anyone in Europe who have males for sale??

Attachments

• amel bloodred 3.jpg
    amel bloodred 3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 366
That corn is gorgeous!!! Will be a fantastic sunglow! (or is that name not used for a bloodred amel?)

Well, sunglow just is name for an amel with no white and preferabely glowing red/orange color. So if she's an amel, maybe she can be called sunglow, but I'm not sure if the bloodred is 'allowed' then.

Though I'm not sure when an amel without white borders on the dorsals stops being a sunglow looking at the colors from orange to red and/or the dorsals fading. I do think somewhere between their hatchling look and their adult look, amel bloodrds look like sunglows, like yours. Maybe they could be called sunglows at that stage only...

I've not heared of the red belly being a standard feature of a sunglow.
To me the picture shows a sunglow with a white belly, becoming orange when aging. Not an orange corn with a red belly.

I just wait for some more people droppin' in, maybe they can add something her.

SnakeLuvrs said:
But it is also not a white belly... it is checkerd

Yes, but the term 'sunglow' has nothing to do with belly checkering or not. It has to do with the color of an amel.

I personally would prefer the term Sunglow for a non-diffused Amel having no white. I do think that Sunglow also has much to do with a big bright contrast between red saddles and an orange background in a snake. On the other hand, an AmelBloodred should have no contrast between the red saddles and the red background cause in the best-case it even shouldn't have saddles.

Just an add - it would be a little like calling young Amels CandyCane, because they haven't produced yellow yet - and calling them Amel as soon as they develop yellow.

But do 1.1 bloodred produce Sunglow´s??

She will get the right colour when she´s adult, now she´s only 1 year old. And I know for sure that she is an albino bloodred.

I think Menhir is saying that bloodred amles cannot be called sunglows because they lack contrast between saddles and background. And it would be inappropriate to call them sunglow when they are halfway their changing of colors and patterns. So bloodred cannot produce sunglows. Menhir made things clear for me.

sunglows

I know theres alot of amel bloodreds that got the amel gene threw breeding a bloodred to a sunglow,which would make sense since sunglows would be the closet thing to a bloodred,I think to find pure bloodred stock would be very diffacult today,I had a 2.2 pure bloodred stock about 6 years ago,and if anyone has had pure bloodreds they would know why they have been outcrossed so much,I think that when they were bred to sunglows it was very diffacult,to tell which of the hatchlings actually were amel bloods and sunglows,when they finally came about,there are some that beleive that bloodreds supposed to have a pure white belly from the head to the tail and some beleive there may be red on the lower half of there bellys,if anyone with more knowledge of this I would appreciate to hear what you think
Stephen

I think Bloodred in connection with different genes refers to an animal being hom for the gen and the recessive allel involved in bloodreds, so called "diffused"
gen.
I don't think we have to talk about the whole diffused thing with belly pattern, color etc.

It's just my optinion that Sunglow refers to Amels having no white. That includes, that they have a normal pattern with a "normal" contrast between saddles and background. Now, an AmelBloodred may also have no white, but the goal is to have a red snake without pattern.

An equal example would be calling a Butter with no white Sunglow. It's the same thing, if you combine Amel with Diffused or Amel with Caramel - both are theoretically Amels and Amel + no white == Sunglow.

Doesn't it seem to be a little strange to call everything being Amel and having no white Sunglow?

Back