• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Amelanistic bloodred

this girl was sold to me as an amel motley, but according to many posts..an amel with no white..aka sunglow..she will be paired up with my bloordred in a couple of years..it's a dark picture..but you get the idea..

Attachments

• Amelia0106.jpg
    Amelia0106.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 76
Very nice Sunglow! I have one just like her who was also sold to me as an amel motley and she's the most solidly coloured tomato-red and tomato orange animal you'll find anywhere!

Incredible snake

Well, reguardless of what people want to call it, It is one awsome looking snake! Incredible shade of red.

I'm not sure where the belly comes into any description of sunglow. :shrugs: And the only constant for the bellies of bloods is the lack of checkering. Some are white, some have a little red on them, some have lots of red on them.

A sunglow is an amel with no dorsal white and a bright ground color. I don't think the snake above is quite up to sunglow standards because it has quite a bit of visible white around the saddles. But I think that any amel that's a sunglow is a sunglow, regardless of which pattern it has. There are sunglows with the motley pattern, and there are sunglows with the diffused pattern.

I've never seen or heard of a solid red amel blood. Maybe they do exist somewhere, but I've never seen one. I think the only place such a snake exists is in our imaginations after we hear the word "bloodred." :grin01:

BTW nice snake! Whatever anyone calls it, it's pretty! :)

That is a gorgeous snake. I hope you find a male to breed it with when the time comes. Good luck and thanks for sharing your pic.

I'll take a better picture of her. She has zero white around her saddles. She's a bit dull right now..so I'll wait until she completes a shed. Maybe she does have enough white to not classify her as a sunglow..but as far as I can tell..she doesn't have any.

Back