• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Anery Stripe clutch is pipping!

I'm not blckkat but I see that type of varience in my stripers all the time. :shrugs:

I'd have to agree with Carol, Serp. Their can be a lot of variance with these guys. What I found odd is the Aneries appear to have Blue-Green heads. This is my 1st time hatching out Anery Stripes...So does anyone know if this is usual?

I've seen bluish heads on quite a few different types. It's very subtle and seems to be in the lighter anery/charcoal hatchlings.

So Stef and Carol, would you say that you would or would not be able to ID striped pippies with just the thickness of that bar?

Well, comparing my Normal patterned hatchlings to my Stripe pattern hatchlings...Yes, the Stripes have a much thinner nose band compared to the Normal pattern. Every single one of these Stripes has a nose band at least 1/2 the size (if not smaller). Is this 100% accurate when looking at pipping heads from a mixed clutch, I'm not sure. Looking at the clutches I have sitting here, my answer would be yes. :) Though I'll give you a more definitive answer when the other 2 Stripe clutches hatch.

blckkat said:
Well, comparing my Normal patterned hatchlings to my Stripe pattern hatchlings...Yes, the Stripes have a much thinner nose band compared to the Normal pattern. Every single one of these Stripes has a nose band at least 1/2 the size (if not smaller). Is this 100% accurate when looking at pipping heads from a mixed clutch, I'm not sure. Looking at the clutches I have sitting here, my answer would be yes. :) Though I'll give you a more definitive answer when the other 2 Stripe clutches hatch.
Cool. That's what I'm wondering.

It's more a matter of curiousity for myself than anything else, but what I'm thinking is: if sunkissed and stripe both have this effect, and it's a result of "expanding the ground areas" and/or "shrinking the saddle areas" then I'd have to wonder if striped + sunkissed will have a cumulative effect, possibly producing a snake that is entirely (or almost entirely) ground color, or with even thinner stripes, or with just little twin dots where each saddle would have been. :santa:

blckkat said:
Yup, the entire clutch is available except for a male Anery Stripe. :)

Cool! I'll take one when they're ready - I don't care what gender, since it will mostly be a pet for my son. :) I showed my fiance the pictures and he loves your normal stripes, so I might end up taking one of each!!

I've had about a dozen people tell me the want one. So my suggestion is, pick what you want & send a deposit in. :shrugs: I might have another Anery Stripe clutch laid this month. But it's a little late in the year, so I'm not counting on it, but we'll see I guess.

Wanted to add...

Their are 3 different pair options available since I've picked the male I'm keeping out...End up with exactly 3 sexed pairs! What luck! :) I'm going to sell them in ONLY pairs though.

1.1 Stripe h. Anery
1.1 Anery Stripe
1.1 Stripe h. Anery / Anery Stripe

Last edited:
Serpwidgets said:
Cool. That's what I'm wondering.

It's more a matter of curiousity for myself than anything else, but what I'm thinking is: if sunkissed and stripe both have this effect, and it's a result of "expanding the ground areas" and/or "shrinking the saddle areas" then I'd have to wonder if striped + sunkissed will have a cumulative effect, possibly producing a snake that is entirely (or almost entirely) ground color, or with even thinner stripes, or with just little twin dots where each saddle would have been. :santa:

I'll let you know how that goes, Serp. Working on a Sunkissed Stripe project with Charlene. :)

Back