• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Another Uk Newbie HI = )

Mouse

Hi everyone,
I am getting my first corn next week and so I have been lurking on here for a few days reading as much as I can and checking out the photo galleries (there are some seriously beautiful snakes in there!). This site out of all the ones I have looked at has been the most informative. I have been using the search feature and have pretty much come up with good answers to all the questions I had, though I am sure more will come up once I actually have my snake = )

I will be really interested to know what colour morph mine is. I met him (we think, he's very small) briefly last week and picked him out of quite a few but I have to say that I haven't seen any photos of the colour he was in your galleries. I have seen that they change a lot as they grow up, so maybe that's why or maybe I am just remembering his colour wrongly = /

Anyway, hi everyone and thanks already for the wealth of knowledge on this site :bowdown:

Well you can always describe what you do remember, or post up some pictures when you pick him up. I am more then happy to help you figure out his color type. :)

Btw welcome!

using the search feature

Is that even allowed??? ;) (from the little use it seems to get it can seem this way! lol)

Seriously though, good for you for doing the research before hand.

I would consider contacting someone like 'Lexcorn' or 'Cornmorphs' if you want something a little more special in the way of corn morphs.

Hi = )

It's not that I want something special in the way of morphs, I am just interested to know what the little guy is... there are so many, it's a slightly daunting task to try and figure it out. I don't think he is anything particularly interesting, chances are he'll be the most common morph but I am so new to the colours and when I went to look at them I hadn't spent much time looking into the colours because I wanted to choose one depending on how healthy it looked and how well it took to being handled as opposed to the colour. I will be taking a gazillion pics when I pick him up so I will post some.
He was sort of red and white with the most beautiful chequered belly. I am just looking forward to bringing him home = )

Is there anything I should know as a beginner that I might not have thought of before?

Thanks a lot = )

Hi and welcome.
As a beginner, did you read the stickies at the top of each forum, particularly the "Husbandry and Basic Care" forum?
Try matching up your snake with the pictures in the Corn snake morph guide at Ian's Vivarium

Welcome Mouse,

Yup, as previously stated, posting photo's of your new addition is the best way to I.D. him/her.

Just don't take the photo with your camera phone as the quality is, often, too blurred & snakes do not remain still for photoshoots; as I am sure you will find out very soon!

Torsten:

Thanks for the promo. ;)

Lex

Hello Mouse , welcome
and succes with your new pet ( maybe this is not your last snake ) .
All on the forum here will be happy to try to figure out what morph you have there , but the one who probably the best can tell , is the one you are getting it from . Is it a shop , a breeder ? ( maybe you told us and I missed it ? )

Keep us posted

I am getting him from breeder, I had a bit of a stupid moment and forgot that he'd know! hehe!
After another delivery today I finally have all my 'bits' - tank, heat mat, substrate, pinkies, hides, water bowl and an artificial plant. I have just set it up all ready for when I pick him up on Monday...I am slightly keen = )

Thanks for being so welcoming everyone= )

I have really enjoyed looking at Ians vivarium, so thanks for putting that link up Torsten.
Lexcorn, I followed the link on your available corns - just because I can't seem to get enough of looking at corn pics lately- and wow...you have some really gorgeous snakes! So far, I have to admit that the browny looking ones (please forgive my inability to use proper names) haven't really grabbed me but yours opened my eyes = ) Female - Ref No: 08024f - I copied and pasted that reference from my favourite, she is so pretty!

Also, I just wanted to check that the size of the tank I have ready is right. I have had a look about and a lot of the recommendations are in gallons or litres and I couldn't say how many litres the tank holds but the dimensions are: 20''x 10'' x 10''. It looks kind of small to me but then the snake is only tiny and I plan on getting him a bigger one when he grows. I also read that you can freak them out by getting one too big. I have two hides in it, one at the warm end (with the heat pad) and another on the cooler side.
I know it's hard to say when I don't know the exact size of the snake but does itsound about right do you think?
Thanks in advance = )

A 10 gallon tank is 20"x10"x12".
Yours will be good for a while if you're getting a baby snake.

Lexcorn, I followed the link on your available corns - just because I can't seem to get enough of looking at corn pics lately- and wow...you have some really gorgeous snakes! So far, I have to admit that the browny looking ones (please forgive my inability to use proper names) haven't really grabbed me but yours opened my eyes = ) Female - Ref No: 08024f - I copied and pasted that reference from my favourite, she is so pretty!

Hi Mouse,

I had to go back into the appropriate page to see who you were refering to!

Granite female _ 08024f.

Yup, the lineage provides variable hatchlings. Some are extremely dark & retain this colouration through to maturity & others become quite 'ghostly' pale.

Thanks for your compliments on the stock :cheers:

Lex

Hi Mouse,nice to see some more from britian on here,these people r great and the sites amazing,welcome.Clairew.

Hi Claire, thanks for the welcome = ) I even come from your part of Britain I grew up in Kent = )
I already agree about the people on this site, so far everyone has been really welcoming and helpful. It's been great and thanks to the information and answers on here, I feel reasonably confident that I should be able to look after my new snake.

Congrats on getting your first Corn Snake, Mouse (funny, because usually it's the other way around)!. Most snakes around here only eat frozen/thawed, so you should be safe!.

Back