• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

been 2 weeks hasnt eaten

Caleb McGuire

I know i have been posting quite frequently but, my corn hasn't eaten in 2 weeks. He is about 12 inches and he is suppose to be a very good eater he finished shedding about 2 days ago and i have not tried to feed him today.

thank you for helping me if you do so

Two weeks in itself isn't overly worrying. Some snakes won't eat prior to or right after a shed. That very well could be what is going on. I would double check his temps, make sure he has appropriate hides and leave him alone for a week before trying again. It sounds like he is a new snake for you. Have you successfully fed him before?

If he is new this is 100% normal. Though some snakes feed right off the bat others it takes a while even if they are good feeders. I have had good feeders go off food for up to a month after bringing the snake home while the not so good ones ate only days after purchase. Also if he is new do not handle him at all for the first week or two. If you have been handling him it could be stressing him out.

If he is new, how big is his new home? This could have an influence also........
Plus, is it in a high traffic area and does he have new sounds/vibrations to contend with...

He isnt New he is like 8 moths old my teacher had him and i have fed him before and his cage is a 10 gallen and i recently put in a heating bad the gets about 85 degrees cause the one i had earlier wasnt working to good

Are you measuring the temp right on the heat mat or a couple inches above?? How long have you had him for? Has anything else changes as of late? Maybe you moved the tank to a different spot or put something new in there? They can be quite weird that way sometimes the smallest change can toss them off of their game :p

well he was in a small carrier when i first fed him i have had him for 2 weeks and 3 days he is in a 10 gallon and the heat is around 80-85 and his resting area

SOme pictures

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

I thought i should put a picture of slash my corn and his 10 gallon tank the resoluion not good it was done by phone

Well I do have some advice that could help after looking at those pics.

Junk it up a bit! Add clutter, vines, toilet paper rolls (if hes small enough), anything that gives the little fella more places to hide or to at least let him feel more secure. I prefer hanging vines all over the place but if you get vines go to a craft store, they are MUCH cheaper.

Secondly I would recommend covering at least the back side of the tank. In reality you should try to cover 3 sides. There are a number of ways to do this ranging from the expensive stuff at pet shops to simple construction paper! Hell, I have even heard that some people will tape pictures on the glass/plastic/plexi to make the snake feel more secure.

Two weeks isn't that long in snake time. Offer food once a week. No more than that.

I have a snake that hasn't eaten in two months.

Back