• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Buying Corns online?

I should try to make Chicago next year! We are getting a show in my town starting in February - I' excited!

I just got a snake from CA to IN on Tuesday. I had her held at FedEx for pick up b/c it's cold here.

I had one delay of 5 hours on snakes from WV to me but they were fine, it was a weather delay so from now on if I am getting snakes, I'll have it held at the staffed location so it doesn't have to be on the truck all day.

I'm mainly just looking for just one regular ol' butter corn snake. I'm really looking to keep it 50$ or under, but since I haven't been able to find any pet stores or breeders within the state that sell butters I'll probably end up getting one online or waiting until the summer time when I can actually drive to a place and check 'em out myself.

I think the more important thing to remember is to buy from a breeder. If you can't find anything you like at South mountain reptile there are many breeder here on this site that could help you but buy from a breeder!! They seem to have better animals. For a reason.

Cornsnakes will live 15-25 years. The cost of shipping a snake- $40-$60 in most cases, is minimal compared to how long the snake is going to live.

Cornsnakes will live 15-25 years. The cost of shipping a snake- $40-$60 in most cases, is minimal compared to how long the snake is going to live.

Excellent point. Which is why I never balk at paying the shipping fee to get a quality animal from a reputable breeder.

Hi Russell,

The snakes I got from you in Chicago (that I kept for myself) are doing great!

Too bad you can't ship more easily. But I guess that leaves more for me to choose from every Oct. in Chicago, lol!

I'll talk to you one of these days - probably after you awaken from hibernation up in the Great Frozen North, haha!

Kathy! I don't know how you could decide which ones to keep versus sell! LOL! I was shocked at how many there were that I thought would fly off the table in the first few hours were still there at the END of the show. But I know that's cause too many were in shed. Next year I need to present them better so they can't hide under the substrate I use. Too many were getting away with that. Funny I had three lavas and not a single one sold! But I did see people look at them.

Yeah, so far this winter has been very easy for us. Still no measureable snow on the ground! And today we are going into the forties! Loving it! But I'm sure in January we'll take the plunge. Yes one of these days I'll call and talk your ear off. LOL!

And yes, more goodies next year... But you know, I like not shipping. I get to keep the keepers here for three to four months, wholesale the not so nice ones. And so then I've got four months to decide who I want to keep. I like that. That one lava was a keeper till the day before the show! As were three or four Okeetees I let slip on by.... So in a way that long wait also helps me loosen my desire to keep so many keepers! I'm enjoying my winter break from full snake chores. It's being a nice break!

Back