• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Can a Corn Smell a King?

Ozone disinfection is supposed to work. That is what they used to kill crypto in the pipes used in drinking water contaminated with cryptro. Dr Griner also told me Hot drirect sun light also kill Crypto so does time. If you clean the cage real good and keep in a dry low humidity the oocyst will dry out and die in a few months.

So sounds like if I want something relatively speedy, drench the object in ammonia OUTSIDE and then leave it there until it doesn't smell any more! Or I can put them out in direct summer sun to bake for a day or two.

These are very helpful pieces of info! Thanks Lauren! Thanks Vinnie!

So sounds like if I want something relatively speedy, drench the object in ammonia OUTSIDE and then leave it there until it doesn't smell any more! Or I can put them out in direct summer sun to bake for a day or two.

These are very helpful pieces of info! Thanks Lauren! Thanks Vinnie!

anytime Lauren the summer here in the east coast is perfect. Make sure you rinse it real good before you put it in the sun. The heat the UV dries it out and sterilizes the object. if you ever touched something laying in the hot sun all day you know how hot it can get

Vin, I have yet to be musked by my king its just his normal body scent they smell on me. I do not use paper towels either, I'm a tree hugger lol. Sadly I dedicate my olive oil and lemon juice to cooking and food preservation. By the time I finish cooking/freezing or canning I have no lemon juice! I just make sure I take care of him last or on the day after the corns eat :) works for me.

sorry should say jungle not king, ug wishful thinking lol Also sorry for the dp I have yet to put up for a paid membership so I can edit. I really need to do that.

Back