• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Can you ID this corn for me?

No he did not at all. He refused to eat for three weeks, and the spot got darker, adn bigger. He ended up refusing everything, adn I even tried assist feeding. He was deteriorating so bad, that his tail was whithering. I took him back, so a good friend of mine could try to save him.

Definitely not any motley. She's a cute little snow :)
Motley's have clear bellies, and some have stripes or circles on their dorsal pattern instead of the usual saddles.
There is no price difference between snows and commonly found corns, being the common morphs, ie normal, amel, snow, anery.

That is deffinetly a snow but is it pure? A true snow corn looks pinkish as a baby but look at the markings on the top below the head I see some motly in it my guess is its a mix between a lavender corn and a snow corn only time will tell as the snake matures.and as for the sex pop it have somebody who knows how to do it. Snakeman2241966

That is deffinetly a snow but is it pure? A true snow corn looks pinkish as a baby but look at the markings on the top below the head I see some motly in it my guess is its a mix between a lavender corn and a snow corn only time will tell as the snake matures.and as for the sex pop it have somebody who knows how to do it. Snakeman2241966

That's pure nooby thinking :) Some motley like markings does not make it a mix or partially motley, a corn is motley or it is not, some show very different pattern than a normal, some do not. And not all snows look the same color wise. Further, mixes between lavender and snow are quite rare and look way different than a snow, with less visible pattern.

Thanks everyone for the responses!!
We had a scare yesterday, as said snake somehow escaped out of his cage! I was having a very stressful and bad day, and never had the chance to look for him fully. We tried the general area, but no luck. His cage was on my counter in my kitchen, on the side that leads to my living room. Well, was cleaning up my kitchen and running HOT water in my sinks, turned around to load something in the dishwasher, looked back and there he was! Crawling out of my sink!! Lol. I got lucky finding him so quick, when hes so small! His cage is now FULLY secured!!!

How scary! I'm so glad you found him. Hopefully finding your little snakey made your day a little better at least...

I once found an escaped snake in an old aquarium filter that was no longer in use.
I am glad you found your snake. I have one we're still looking for, and he's been missing a few months. :(

Okay...I guess I need to post a "ID my corn" thread this weekend. The OP's pic looks just like my Athena, but was told that she was an Opal. ??? I am now completely and utterly confused and also second guessing all three of my babies.

OP....I am obviously not experienced enough to help ID your baby, but wanted to say I think he/she is gorgeous!

That's a nice typical snow. They can be somewhat variable, but it is definitely a snow phenotype (outward visual look). I don't see any hint of the motley gene being displayed there at all either. Millions of normal cornsnake's pattern have some of the first few blotches tending to have an "H" shape "tail" at the corner edges, and some can have a couple that are fully, or almost fully encircled, but it doesn't mean they are actually motleys.

cheers, ~Doug

Okay...I guess I need to post a "ID my corn" thread this weekend. The OP's pic looks just like my Athena, but was told that she was an Opal. ??? I am now completely and utterly confused and also second guessing all three of my babies.

OP....I am obviously not experienced enough to help ID your baby, but wanted to say I think he/she is gorgeous!

Where did you get the snake?

Where did you get the snake?

Well, "opals" are an amelanistic(albino) x lavender morph, and they can look very similar to snows, so don't panic just yet. They can have a very pale background with pinkish saddles or have a peachy hue as well. They can be pretty variable just like many other morphs.

cheers, ~Doug

Yes that is why I am asking, if it is a breeder who does know the genetics of the snakes bred I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Yes that is why I am asking, if it is a breeder who does know the genetics of the snakes bred I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Yep, I fully agree with you there. A pet shop etc.. would be an entirely different issue as to exactly what it is or isn't..LOL!

~Doug

Back