• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Charcoals with striping...

Good work

Hey Rich u do some good work I got a Fluorescent and a Type A from your 2002 hatch...they are doing great they look amazing and they feed very well
Thanks for being one of the good Breeders out there.... Alwayz knocking out good quality Corns

Rich did you hatch any more of these out this year? If so are you bringing any to Daytona? :bowdown:

I think I may have this sort of striping and various cultivars. If so, yes, I'll probably be bringing some to Daytona.

"Reverse Striped"...?

Okay, Rich, now you're really FREAKIN' ME OUT!!! LOL
I've been lurking around here, watching what's going on (while recovering from some health issues), and just as I think I MIGHT have some semblance of a grasp on Corn Snake genetics, ya have to go and throw me into a brick wall! :headbang:
Just yesterday I FINALLY convinced myself to buy my first Striped (an Amel female with unusual markings), not counting, that is, the lovely Striped Motley Butter '02 s I have from you, thank you, thank you!
And, thinking I had this Stripe and Motley thing all figured out (silly me), began planning her future breedings.
Today I decide to check out your Stripe pics, to see if there are any that resemble her odd markings, and the next thing I know, I'm looking at your gorgeous Charcoal babies who happen to be the exact REVERSE of all the Striped descriptions and pictures that I've seen thus far....... :eek1:

....thanks for keeping me humble.... :rolleyes:

P.S. Was there ever a final decision made on whether the Stripes and the Motleys are DIFFERENT genes? Or are the Stripes a VERSION (mutation) based on / from the Motleys? i.e. - If I breed two Striped Motleys, will the offspring be ALL Striped Motleys, or will some also be Motleys and some Stripes?
Sorry - more appropriate for Genetics section, I suppose...

Check out my thread on Striped Motley Caramels in this section. Those were from a Caramel Motley with partial striping bred by a Striped Butter. As far as what would happen if you bred those together, beats me. Wish I had more females in that batch of babies. Next year I may wind up breeding all my Butter Motley females with Butter Striped males. I tend to like the Striped Motley look moreso than the standard blotched Motley pattern.

Of course, I guess the results I am already getting from my Striped Motley Butter Project aren't too shabby....

stripemotleybutters04_001.jpg

Comparing Stripes

Okay, I think I may be seeing what some people are talking about with the width of the stripes....
Looking at your babies up there, the central stripe is the same width (approx.) as the two darker dorsal stripes on either side of it. (Motley influence?)
Looking at my new Amel Striped (Amel Stripe X Amel Stripe with little or no Motley background, that I know of), the central dorsal stripe is at least twice as wide as the two thin, darker dorsal stripes on either side of it.
I saw her parents, and they were both the same way.
Can't decide which I like better....
.....things that make ya go "hmmmmmmm.......".... :)

Here's a 2002 female I got from you, Rich, at Daytona a couple years ago along with a picture of a 2003 male that originally came from you as well. He's deep/dark in shed and the picture isn't sharp and the colors came out brown instead of the lovely charcoal grey they are, but that was the only pic I got before they were gone. :sidestep: I'll get a couple more pics when he has shed.

BelleVim.jpg

Can't wait for the clutch from these two (hopefully next spring, Murphy willing). Did you end up keeping some blizzards from that 2002 clutch? Any yellow saddle outlining show up to set off that striped effect? Just curious.

Did you end up keeping some blizzards from that 2002 clutch? Any yellow saddle outlining show up to set off that striped effect? Just curious.

Heck I doubt I kept any of them. Been quite a while since I have had any reason to hold back Blizzards or Charcoals. The only Blizzards I have held back lately came from Lavender/Blizzard or Butter/Blizzard projects.

Those are awsome snakes Rich. The zig zag wide stripes we produce come from your blizzards and charcoals and as far as I know not you aztec line. I bred a normal male corn het for nothing about 9 yrs ago to a blizzard from you and kept one of the normal females. I then bred a charcoal with the full zig zag pattern from you to that normal looking female. Every year I get a few snakes with varying degrees of this wide stripe or zig zag pattern. This pair produces aner A, aner B, blizzards, normals, amels and an occasional snow. I think I have only seen about 3 snows pop up in the 6 yrs I have been breeding them and I get two clutches from her ever yr.

O4 is the firt year I got a snow with some of this striping. I also got 3 amels and one charcoal with most of the body striped. Rich, you mentioned getting a blizzard with the yellow stripe. I got one of those about 3 yrs ago and it's one of those wish I would have kept it snakes.

Here is a pic of the best amel from 04. And her charcoal wide stripe or zig zag father that came from you. I wish they kept that solid stripe look as adults but it splits up. I will be breeding full stripes togather in the comming seasons to see if it increases how many full stripe/zig zags I get.

84263stripe1.JPG

1615Resize_of_Don.jpg

Don Gallagher

Back