• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Corn Snake Pricing

How would you classify your "snake buying"?

• I buy what I need regardless of price

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • Best Value Shopper- Always looking for a deal

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • I buy the hottest morphs (big $$) snakes only

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Impulse Buyer

Votes: 12 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well since basically this thread started because of me posting of what I have for sale I guess I should join in this thread and answer some of these questions.

Questions:

1. You have $1500 dollars to spend freely. Do you buy 6 really nice snakes for $250 each thus getting three pairs or one current "hot" morph snake plus a het of same morph for $1500? These are hatchlings BTW.

Depending on how the 'hot' morph looks like. If they're something that I like then yes I would spend that $1500 on the 'hot' morph and a couple of hets. If the 'hot' morph doesn't interests me, then no...I'd rather get a couple of $250 snakes.

2. Do you normally buy proven breeders or hatchlings?

Both. Right now....I buy nothing....no point in buying anything when I am moving out.. :crazy02:

3. Do you normally pay cash or credit for your snakes?

Depends on where I buy. Since I am in Canada, there isnt much choice for me to pay if I were to get snakes from the States...so Credit Card then. If not Cash.

4. How often do you purchase snakes from a show or internet breeder?

A couple years back, mostly internet. Now...as I have stated before, I don't buy anymore. Haven't really gotten anything new for a while......

5. How many times have you paid more than $500 for a single snake (not including shipping charges)?

Lots....corns, rats, boas, and lots more. I think that the most that I have spend on corns is $2000US or so~

6. Do you normally put all of your eggs in one basket or spread your risks across the board?

......don't really get this question....too tired to think.....

7. What resource provides you with the bulk of your snake sales (shows or internet)?

Both. I do pretty well with internet selling and not too shabby at shows either.

8. When you price a snake for sale what is the number one factor that helps you determine the asking price (sale price)? What other factors come into play?

The morph. Supply and demand. Age, male/female, proven or not, sometimes if I really want to sell the animal or not.

9. Are you willing to spend large amounts of money on het morph hatchlings (greater than $300)?

Sure, like before, if that morph strucks at me. If I really like that morph then I would.

10. What is your age and occupation?

1) Own a clothing manufacturing in China
2) Have a partnership with a dog boutique in downtown Toronto
3) First Data Employee
4) Swift Trade Employee
5) Snake breeding

Poll closes on 7 May

Last chance to get in on the pole. I know there are a lot of corn enthusiast out there that have a voice and have not provided info...sure would be helpful.

Beyond the poll I plan to take all of your answers and put them into a chart that will show you stats of all answers.

Russ

1. You have $1500 dollars to spend freely. Do you buy 6 really nice snakes for $250 each thus getting three pairs or one current "hot" morph snake plus a het of same morph for $1500? These are hatchlings BTW.
I would most likely go with the 6 really nice snakes, but go 1.2 for two morphs that I like. If it happened to be a 'hot' morph that I just wanted to have I wouldn't hesitate to go with that either, though I would prefer more 'bang for my buck' so to speak.

2. Do you normally buy proven breeders or hatchlings?
I normally purchased hatchlings, but am currently working with my own projects so haven't made as many purchases. If I wanted something that someone had and could use it in my projects I wouldn't hesitate to buy a proven breeder.

3. Do you normally pay cash or credit for your snakes?
I've used both.

4. How often do you purchase snakes from a show or internet breeder?
show - never, none in my area, internet = most have come from the interent, last purchase was Spring '04. Planning to make some this summer if/when hatchlings get me some spending cash.

5. How many times have you paid more than $500 for a single snake (not including shipping charges)? Never.

6. Do you normally put all of your eggs in one basket or spread your risks across the board? Isn't easter over with?! :) I have a grouping of snakes that will produce the 'bread and butter' morphs for pet stores, and am working towards higher end stuff to sell over the internet.

7. What resource provides you with the bulk of your snake sales (shows or internet)? Local pet stores/wholesalers, internet, no shows yet, none real close to my area.

8. When you price a snake for sale what is the number one factor that helps you determine the asking price (sale price)? What other factors come into play? Number one factor would be 'fair market value' when looking at what others have things priced at. Other factors are need to move it for room, want to move it, breeding history, color, morph, etc.

9. Are you willing to spend large amounts of money on het morph hatchlings (greater than $300)? I am willling, but also am finding the joy in producing my own.

10. What is your age and occupation?
33, Middle School Teacher, Earth Science

D80

Back