• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

CornSnake Calenders?

MastersHaven

*Hopelessly Addicted*
I was just wondering if anyone here at the forum does cornsnake calenders?

with all the tallented folks here it would seem only logical to collect photos and market a calender of our beauties {whether for profit or charity)?!?!

I hadn't seen any posts on them so I thought I would ask?!

I know that the UK Fan Club put one out last year. Don't know if they'll do it again.

We've thought about doing one up, but I'm afraid I haven't yet come up with a way to get it done affordably. Perhaps next year's photo contest will have 12 categories...January, February, March... :D if we can find a way to get some made up for a reasonable price.

Hey Caroline, does your business do calendars?

It's been an idea I've been considering for awhile, but never had time to take the pics. As far as 2006... is that even possible?

It would be tight but I am sure it could be done for the end of December. Depends of how much time it take to have the pics...

I don't know if I'd shoot for a 2006 calendar to be out next month. It that time of year when the printing industry is getting bogged down because everyone wants the journals before January. Right now we're pulling in 60 jobs a day when we usually get 30. We might have manadatory 12 hour shifts next month. You can always try of course, but if you're going to do it...Start calling printers now to find out when they think they could have it done.

I think it's a great idea! But I like Hurley's idea of running a contest for each month. IMHO if we want this to work and be something that we can be proud of we need to prepare and plan for it. 2006 would be too soon and why go to the expense, time and effort when everyone is really starting to get busy with holiday plans.

My suggestion would be to 'use' one of winners of this year's holiday contest for next year's December 06, then start a contest running for each month, could be a morph of the month even, and start collecting pics for a 2007 edition. December 07 pic could be one of the winning pics from this year's holiday contest.

There are so many free calendar promotions out there at this time of year, that I think, although it would be unique, it needs to be something that really presents itself so corn snake enthusiasts just have to have one, if just for the pics.

The prize for having your photo selected could be a copy of the years calender for free...just a thought and I think this whole idea could be fun.

Ruth Hanney

just an idea here but...

why dont you just chose from photos already submitted for the photo contest for the 2006 calender then for next years we can have monthly contests for that particular month in the next years calender?

that way you dont have wait on additional intries and then go through picking and chosing in such a short period of time.

just a suggestion!

A thought, also, is that we can make an 18 month calendar and have it ready by next summer to end with December 2007.

Then we could run a couple contests to get your entry as the photo of the month.

What does everyone think a reasonable price is?

Some of the photo web sites will do calenders and they charge around $15 - 20. I am not sure how large the calenders are or if the photo can take up a whole page.

Joanna

I've thought of having a calander made up, but the cost was prohibitive for just me. But I love the idea of an 18 month calander and contests to pick the photos for each month. Count me in to submit multiple entries for each month! As for price...I would gladly pay $25 or so for one!

If this were done, one thing I would like to see included (if possible) is ample space for us herpers to jot down notes on the date squares. It seems to me that calender space is never big enough or continually gets smaller. I dunno...just a thought.

I'd surely like to have one as well!

Q

Agreed, unsufficient writing area is, usually, the 'norm' with the photo calendars. Which is why I prefer to use the 'boring' plain type which provides examples in weekly or monthly format.

An adaptation of interesting photographs plus ample writing space would be a bonus.

Count me in as a subscriber if that can be accomplished.

YES!!!! I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN! It could be something really trully special...and even more so knowing that all the pics were contributed by corn owners. I think 2007 is a good target, and think the contests would be a blast. Each month could be a different morph. And it'd be the perfect place to keep track of when the snakes are fed, when they shed and all that lovelyness. This must happen! It will be so cool!

fall2.jpg

i was thinking about ordering my own snaky calendar from kodakgallery.com. it costs 19.99 $, cheaper for more copies. but i don't have so many good quality photos to fill out 12 months. i think it would be great to have a collection from this forum and then order it together. but then i would really like to see my own corn in it... dilemma...

Well, how about this...

We'll have a nice selection of winter photos from the contest and we'll want the 2007 calendar out prior to then, so that's December and January. February I'd imagine people will want to get creative with. ;) We've also got a couple very nice photos entered in the contest that would be nice for November. I can think of a lovely Miami photo on leaves as well as one called Icy Morning that would make a great November photo.

We could hold "Season" photo contests and vote for the other months from February through October (and use ones we have for Nov through Jan so that we'll have the calendars out in time).

February on its own

Spring Contest - March, April, May

Summertime Contest - June, July, and August

Fall Contest - September, October...perhaps November (if we don't use one that we have already).

Plan to try and get them in production by October or so for 2007 Calendar? If we get plenty of entries, we may have photos to run with for the next couple years.

More thoughts?

I like the season idea but what if you seperated the months with big holidays, like in March you could show a picture with a lot of green for SAint Pattys Day , or you could just put a picture of me with my snake cus you do know its my birthday month :rolleyes:

Yeah, we could split it, or we could take all entries as Spring months, knowing we'll get some Easter, some St. Patrick's Day, and put up polls for fav pics for each month. :D

Back