• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

CornSnake Calenders?

We all know there were lots of great photos entered into the contest and possibly using some of those would be a great idea. One thought though...why not pick from some of those that didn't make the cut for this contest? There were 40 photos that have already had their chance to shine and win prizes. Selecting from those who didn't find their work listed for voting might give them hope for their chance to shine.

I will buy a calender when they come out. Once the decision is made about how, what and when, I'll bring it to the Pac NW Herp Society's attention and see if they would be interested in selling them as a fund raiser or just advertise them in their newsletter. I think it's a great idea. And I like the notion of making seasonal categories, you will definitely get entries that fit the various holidays. Would you need money up front for the production?

Let's go for it!

Thats a great idea :D i was just grumbling to a friend of mine in the mall how there was only calenders of turtles and frogs and no snakes. heh if you guys make on count me in for buying one :D

We'll need to hunt around and find out what this is going to cost and how much bulk we're going to have to buy to make it happen. Once we get that figured out, I would think we could presell enough to get the order going and go from there.

I've got too much on my plate to tackle this project this month or next, most likely, but I would think by spring we could come up with something and get some photo contests going to get pictures for the calendar and try to get a publisher lined up. Maybe get some presells in place and have it out by next fall. If anyone wants to tackle this one sooner, be my guest. :D I don't get stomped toes. If not, we'll get it done one way or another. We've been talking about it for years.

Back