• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Cutting eggs.. Why we do it.. Sad pics attached.

Ok, I get what you mean with the defected genes being passed with the gene we breed for. Yet the problems merely come from us stacking genes and inbreeding than from the mutant itself. They might have a larger chance to carry another defected gene, but we cause it to appear and spread. I was just wondering, could it be that a defected gene like the wobble is caused by the same event that caused the mutant morph gene to change, because they are close together? That would make sense...

The Spider gene has a defective trait. A Spider will wobble. A Pastel will not. You bred them together and make Bumblebee. That Bee will wobble. But the Pastels and Normals in the clutch won't.

I believe that the gene responsible for the wobbling travels on the same chromosome as the spider gene.
So everytime a BP inherits the spider gene, he inherits the chromosome that bears it, including the gene that causes the wobbling.

I think that's the case too, Oren. I've also never seen a Spider die from a head wobble. I've seen some Spiders that were tweaked out of their mind, but he ate fine.

Back