• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Dappled Corn Snakes (Striped Leopard Motley)

ghosthousecorns

Well, the story behind these is that in 2022 I purchased a pair of "Leopard Motleys" from Cleo's Kingdom Colubrids, grew them up and paired them early this year (2024). To my surprise, 6 of the babies were striped. These striped ghost babies were different than any striped ghosts I have produced before or seen, they resemble sunkissed striped more than anything due to the way their stripe is like a single dorsal line of spots. I contacted Laura who I bought them from and she had not gotten any stripes in her pairings, so I believe one of her snakes was het stripe and I got lucky and picked a pair of which both carried the hidden het.
I played with the idea of calling them "Tiger Corn" but it looks like someone is using that name for buf okeetee. I did not want to keep saying striped leopard motley as these are not motley but stripe. I think the name "Dappled Corn" describes them well.
I will be testing them with other stripes, motleys, etc as they get old enough- in the near future I will try pairing their sire with a stripe female see what happens.
The first 6 photos are the original 6 dappled ghosts I got in the clutch, next are progression photos of the 3 I held back :)

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpeg
    DSC_0002.jpeg
    526 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0005.jpeg
    DSC_0005.jpeg
    584.3 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0016.jpeg
    DSC_0016.jpeg
    578.1 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0030.jpeg
    DSC_0030.jpeg
    515.8 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0038.jpeg
    DSC_0038.jpeg
    323 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0035.jpeg
    DSC_0035.jpeg
    450.5 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0029.jpeg
    DSC_0029.jpeg
    610.2 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0007.jpeg
    DSC_0007.jpeg
    521.9 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0004.jpeg
    DSC_0004.jpeg
    667.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
These are photos of a leopard motley sibling and of the parents of this clutch.

Attachments

• DSC_0048.jpeg
    DSC_0048.jpeg
    352.7 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC_0056.jpeg
    DSC_0056.jpeg
    622.9 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC_0022.jpeg
    DSC_0022.jpeg
    588.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC_0012.jpeg
    DSC_0012.jpeg