• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Dumbest Accident of all Time

wade

Save The Humans
I was working on a house this morning and had to take off some base board on one wall. I was kneeling on the carpet. I took a utility knife and cut the top edge of the base board loose from the sheetrock. Then I used a chisel and hammer to loosen the base some more, enough that I could get my fingers behind it. Now I am pulling on the base board and it is really stuck, I am really pulling. Finally it pops loose. The tools I had been using were laying on the carpet in front of me. When the board popped loose it hit the hammer handle which hit the utility knife and drove it into my knee. I looked down and there is the damn knife stuck in my knee cap.

I take blood thinners and they work good. I was bleeding like you can't imagine, all over this ladies carpet. I called to my helper and with a rag and a some duct tape we fixed it so I could finish the job. Now I am on my was to the doc for stitches. I'm going to need general anesthesia to get this duct tape off.

DUCT TAPE fixes Everything!!!....good thing you had some around..
Hope you heal up nicely!....and don't worry..we all do stupid things now and again..

I once locked myself in the Jeep....TRUE STORY!:crazy02:

~~'manda

Duct tape. Works for everything.

airplanewingheldtogetherducttape.jpg

That being said, I hope you are ok Wade.

I take blood thinners and they work good. I was bleeding like you can't imagine, all over this ladies carpet. I called to my helper and with a rag and a some duct tape we fixed it so I could finish the job. Now I am on my was to the doc for stitches. I'm going to need general anesthesia to get this duct tape off.

I saw a guy once who would have BLED TO DEATH without duct tape! You know how to get it off? Oil. Baby oil works, cooking oil works, hand lotion works, but since they have to suture your knee, I suspect they are gonna go for the "one agonizing rip" theory of duct tape removal.

Wade, you crack me up. I guess we all have those DOH/ Redneck moments. And yes Duct Tape does fix everything.....

Tara, your and Betsy's posts are disturbing. LOL.

The guy sustained a big cut that went into an artery in his leg. Quick thinking buddies smacked a wad of paper towels on it then went around and around his leg with the duct tape (like they were wrapping a duct! :rofl: ) & the bleeding stopped immediately. Then they stuffed him into one of their pickup trucks & brought him to the ER. The surgeon who sewed up the cut in the artery said that the buddies had definitely saved his life.

OMG! That's horrible!

One good thing - all the blood probably washed the wound well, leaving little chance for infection!

I have a friend who did construction during the boom time a few years ago. He managed to drop the pneumatic stapler in such a way that it drove a staple into his leg! And another time, he stood under a guy working and got a hammer dropped on his head. People worry about big pythons, haha! Construction can be dangerous!

Wow Wade! Sorry to hear about your luck. Hope you heal quickly.

In the man time do you need a glass of tequila to make you feel better?? :sidestep:

Thanks everyone. I have been to the doc and have survived. Only took 8 stitches. He said that since it penetrated the bone I have to take antibiotics for a week. That means I'll have a yeast infection next week, oh goodie.

Kathy, your story made me think of a great story. One of my installers was putting crown molding around the top of some cabinets. He was on a short ladder with a nail gun in one hand but it took two hands to positions the molding. He put the nail gun between his legs while he got the molding in place, as he reached for the gun he hit the trigger. Yep, bullseye, right onto one of his testicles. He hobbled out the front door to the Porta Potty in the front yard where he dropped his pants and used a pair of pliers to pull the nail out. When he came out there were half dozen people standing there wondering what all the screaming was about.

Thanks everyone. I have been to the doc and have survived. Only took 8 stitches. He said that since it penetrated the bone I have to take antibiotics for a week. That means I'll have a yeast infection next week, oh goodie.

Kathy, your story made me think of a great story. One of my installers was putting crown molding around the top of some cabinets. He was on a short ladder with a nail gun in one hand but it took two hands to positions the molding. He put the nail gun between his legs while he got the molding in place, as he reached for the gun he hit the trigger. Yep, bullseye, right onto one of his testicles. He hobbled out the front door to the Porta Potty in the front yard where he dropped his pants and used a pair of pliers to pull the nail out. When he came out there were half dozen people standing there wondering what all the screaming was about.

OMG I guess you guys are never ever going to let him forget that! :D

When I was about 12, I stabbed a hunting knife into my palm while trying to cut a shoe in half (don't ask). I hid the cut from my parents so they wouldn't take my knife collection away. It got nasty and green, but I still kept it a secret. Now I have a sweet scar that gets me all the ladies. Score!

Awww wade I'm sorry... thats terrible. I hope you feel better soon. Don't worry - the girls at work cut themselves with the scalpel blades all the time. Its ridiculous. You would think that working with them all the time would make them more cautious but... not so much.

Take it easy and heal up!

OMG :crazy02:

THere is only one word to describe %90 of this thread...

BOYS!!! LOL It's amazing the majority make it out of puberty :laugh01:

Sorry to hear about your accident Wade, glad that the doc stitched you up and hopefully no lasting harm!

Trina

Back