• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Emergency - Lump on corn snake neck

Back last year when Sally had that lump under her head, it did end up clearing up on its own after a shed. She has been normal/healthy since. Apart from her doing some head twitching a few weeks ago (which lead me to believe "she" may actually be a male... ha ha poor Sally) she has been completely normal.

Females can be twitchy too. My red factor girl has been in breeding mode this week, crazy active, refusing food, and twitching when I first touch her, particularly after handling my adult male. He was eyeing her through the plastic yesterday, climbing the walls of his bin to get out...poor guy, I didn't mean to tease him.

If the same thing happened last year, it's possible it could just be related to the season. When was her last shed?

Females can be twitchy too. My red factor girl has been in breeding mode this week, crazy active, refusing food, and twitching when I first touch her, particularly after handling my adult male.

If the same thing happened last year, it's possible it could just be related to the season. When was her last shed?

Hi and thanks for your reply! Her last shed was more than a month ago, she is due to shed again soon. That is also a likely factor affecting her stress levels, I'm sure. She has also been twitchy when I first touch her lately, more skittish than usual and more active despite being close to shed time.

Now that I've fed her, she's been under her hide since (normal for her). I really hope it's related to the season, I was shocked at first when I saw this again.

The whistling can also be related to shed. I have a couple snakes that do that. And the throat swelling during shed is very common. It's still alarming, though, if you haven't seen it. It will be interesting to see if she does it next year!

No thoughts other than like last year keep an eye on it and if you have any concerns at all, consult a vet.

I'm super happy to hear that a year on Sally has been doing fine!

No thoughts other than like last year keep an eye on it and if you have any concerns at all, consult a vet.

I'm super happy to hear that a year on Sally has been doing fine!

Thanks Dolly! I'l be sure to watch it and it it gets worse or persists I'll get in touch with the vet. Thanks for your reply :)

It's interesting that it there may be some kind of seasonality factor affecting it.

Back